Contribute
Register

SOLVED-Need HELP with Realtek ALC889A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Everybody!

I'm desperately in the need of help. I've been reading a lot about how to fix problems about not having audio, but didn't find help for my problem.
I successfully installed El Capitan on my PC using the instructions I found here, on tonymac. Before I installed, I deliberately checked my audio driver, using Aida64 on Windows, so I would know which driver to install with the Post-Installation MultiBeast tool.
My audio driver is Realtek ALC889A. In MultiBeast I selected Realtek ALC889 Driver, in the hope of the miracle of having no issues. I rebooted and guess what...NO AUDIO.
I mentioned, that I read a lot about troubleshooting this issue, but never actually read anything mentioning how to solve this with the A type ALC889. (Because it's ALC 889A, just to make things more complicated.)
Please, help me solve this issue. And also, if you happen to know a solution, please keep in mind, I'm quite new to hackintosh, so please write detailed help, that a non-experienced like me could also understand!
Thank you very much, in advance. :D

My audio driver is Realtek ALC889A. In MultiBeast I selected Realtek ALC889 Driver
Not correct. The codec is the ALC885, not the ALC889; Gigabyte employed a marketing gimmick.

Last edited:
I'm SOOO STUPID!! LOL
It even says ALC885/889A.......Reinstalled and (what a surprise) it works. :D
Thank you for the help anyway, I would never have noticed. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back