Contribute
Register

SOLVED-Need HELP with Realtek ALC889A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Everybody!

I'm desperately in the need of help. I've been reading a lot about how to fix problems about not having audio, but didn't find help for my problem.
I successfully installed El Capitan on my PC using the instructions I found here, on tonymac. Before I installed, I deliberately checked my audio driver, using Aida64 on Windows, so I would know which driver to install with the Post-Installation MultiBeast tool.
My audio driver is Realtek ALC889A. In MultiBeast I selected Realtek ALC889 Driver, in the hope of the miracle of having no issues. I rebooted and guess what...NO AUDIO.
I mentioned, that I read a lot about troubleshooting this issue, but never actually read anything mentioning how to solve this with the A type ALC889. (Because it's ALC 889A, just to make things more complicated.)
Please, help me solve this issue. And also, if you happen to know a solution, please keep in mind, I'm quite new to hackintosh, so please write detailed help, that a non-experienced like me could also understand!
Thank you very much, in advance. :D

toleda

Motherboard
Asus Maximus VII Impact
CPU
Core i7-4770K
Graphics
RX 560 + HD4600
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. 512K
  2. LC
  3. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
My audio driver is Realtek ALC889A. In MultiBeast I selected Realtek ALC889 Driver
Not correct. The codec is the ALC885, not the ALC889; Gigabyte employed a marketing gimmick.

Last edited:
I'm SOOO STUPID!! LOL
It even says ALC885/889A.......Reinstalled and (what a surprise) it works. :D
Thank you for the help anyway, I would never have noticed. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.