Contribute
Register

[solved] Need help with Intel HD 4400

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've managed to install Sierra onto my Acer Aspire V3-572PG successfully, I have used the easy UEFI bootloader option of Multibeast and all seems to work as expected. There is a discrete GPU (Nvidia 840m) in the laptop which has automatically been disabled by the looks of it and the Intel HD 4000 has been recognised. There is not acceleration judging by the mere 4mb of VRAM. By searching around, I think I need to edit my config.plist, but I don't know how and what I need to do. The display is 1366X768. Any help would be appreciated. I think the file attached is what I need, but I don't know what to do with it.

Attachments

• config_HD4000_1366x768.plist
    6.3 KB · Views: 344
I've managed to install Sierra onto my Acer Aspire V3-572PG successfully, I have used the easy UEFI bootloader option of Multibeast and all seems to work as expected. There is a discrete GPU (Nvidia 840m) in the laptop which has automatically been disabled by the looks of it and the Intel HD 4000 has been recognised. There is not acceleration judging by the mere 4mb of VRAM. By searching around, I think I need to edit my config.plist, but I don't know how and what I need to do. The display is 1366X768. Any help would be appreciated. I think the file attached is what I need, but I don't know what to do with it.

You are misinformed about your hardware.

Your CPU, i5-4210U does not have HD4000.
It is HD4400: http://ark.intel.com/products/81016/Intel-Core-i5-4210U-Processor-3M-Cache-up-to-2_70-GHz

Must use the correct config.plist and kexts for HD4400.

You are misinformed about your hardware.

Your CPU, i5-4210U does not have HD4000.
It is HD4400: http://ark.intel.com/products/81016/Intel-Core-i5-4210U-Processor-3M-Cache-up-to-2_70-GHz

Must use the correct config.plist and kexts for HD4400.

My Apologies I'll change the topic and my information, I looked at your GitHub and found this file, gathering from the laptop guide, I need to find a way to mount the EFI partition (Please explain) and replace the config.plist with the one attached?

Attachments

• config_HD4600_4400_4200.plist
    11.2 KB · Views: 421
Hi there, I mounted the EFI partition, placed in the config.plist and put in FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext and FakePCIID.kext into System/Library/Extensions using Kext Wizard, it says to put both in /System/Library/Extensions, EFI/Clover/kexts, or /Library/Extensions (10.11+). I should put it in /Libary/Extensions (drag and drop) right?

Hi there, I mounted the EFI partition, placed in the config.plist and put in FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext and FakePCIID.kext into System/Library/Extensions using Kext Wizard, it says to put both in /System/Library/Extensions, EFI/Clover/kexts, or /Library/Extensions (10.11+). I should put it in /Libary/Extensions (drag and drop) right?

You cannot install kexts with Finder. You need to install kexts only to one of /L/E or /S/L/E, not both.

Ok, I've done all of that now, but now when I boot up Clover does not display the Sierra drive (nor the recovery HD). I had to use the USB to boot up. Where did I go wrong?

Ok, I've done all of that now, but now when I boot up Clover does not display the Sierra drive (nor the recovery HD). I had to use the USB to boot up. Where did I go wrong?

You forgot HFSPlus.efi. Read the guide carefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back