Contribute
Register

[solved]Need help with audio (Realtek ALC283-CG)

Status
Not open for further replies.
After installing Sierra, I tried the mutibeast Realtek ALC283 Driver, which did not work. I know the exact model, I just need to find a kext, what should I do? Can I just select another driver from multibeast? Many Thanks!

Ok, sorry far late update, I was celebrating New Year's. I now have run AppleHDA Patcher (Linked from insanely mac post in your link). I ran it by dragging my current clover config.plist then selecting Realtek ALC283 from the laptop selection. I now have a MironeAudio Folder. I am not sure where to put/install all the files.
I'm guessing I need to install codeccommander, hdaenabler and appleHDA (patched) kexts to \system\library\extensions. Replace the existing config.plist with the patched one in clover. Place aDummyHDA into Clover kexts and then I' unsure about DSDT patches.

Attachments

• MironeAudio.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 135
Sorry, I just found some documentation on this.

Use aDummyHDA.kext + edited config.plist for Clover (Ozmosis works similar)
For all other bootloader use the full patched AppleHDA.kext (+ HDAEnabler.kext or DSDT edits... not both).
Use CodecCommander.kext if the sound does not work after the sleep (wake), read more here.
aDummyHDA.kext goes in /System/Library/Extensions

So, I just need to copy aDummyHDA to clover kexts, replace my existing config.plist. Potentially install CodecCommander to /s/l/e. I also need to copy aDummyHDA to /s/l/e/. Is that right?

Sorry, I just found some documentation on this.

Use aDummyHDA.kext + edited config.plist for Clover (Ozmosis works similar)
For all other bootloader use the full patched AppleHDA.kext (+ HDAEnabler.kext or DSDT edits... not both).
Use CodecCommander.kext if the sound does not work after the sleep (wake), read more here.

aDummyHDA.kext goes in /System/Library/Extensions

So, I just need to copy aDummyHDA to clover kexts, replace my existing config.plist. Potentially install CodecCommander to /s/l/e. I also need to copy aDummyHDA to /s/l/e/. Is that right?

Read the FAQ regarding ACPI patches required for AppleHDA audio.
Also, do not "replace" your config.plist. Add the patches for AppleHDA to your config.plist.

Not exactly, you need only an istance of aDummy, better installed in S/L/E (or in L/E). The config provided from the patcher contains only the patches for your codec, so you have to add it manually to your config. Other way you can let the patcher doing the work, dragging your config in the window before creating the patch. In this case the config you find in the Mirone folder is your fully patched.

So I just need to install aDummyHDA.kext to s/l/e and copy the patched config?

And must have patched ACPI correctly ("IRQ Fix" and appropriate "Audio Layout" patch applied).
See ACPI patching guide linked from FAQ.
You will also likely need CodecCommander.kext.
You should not "copy a patched config", but rather add the necessary AppleHDA patches to your own config.plist (use copy/paste with a plist editor such as XCode or PlistEdit Pro).
Also, you will need to rebuild cache in the way specified in the FAQ.

As I have written many times for ALC283...

ALC283 is the same as my Lenovo u430. You can use AppleHDA_ALC283.kext in my u430 repo...

https://github.com/RehabMan/Lenovo-U430-Touch-DSDT-Patch

Requirements:
- Clover bootloader
- config.plist must have the four AppleHDA patches from my config.plist in the repo (but not the zml.zlib patch)
- AppleHDA.kext must be vanilla
- CodecCommander.kext installed to /S/L/E: https://github.com/RehabMan/EAPD-Codec-Commander
- AppleHDA_ALC283.kext installed to /S/L/E
- rebuild cache following the procedure detailed in the u430 guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...ideapad-u330-u430-u530-using-clover-uefi.html
- DSDT patches "IRQ Fix" and "Audio Layout 3".

Ok, I tried following your guide, I have the clover bootloader and have edited my current config.plist with your patches, I haven't done anything to alter AppleHDA.kext, I have the codeccommander and alc283 kext but I've hit a problem where I can't edit my dsdt. When I compile it I get errors, I have tried ACPI, 4,0, 5.0A and 5.1. I dumped it using Clover, there were no other DSDT files. I have attached my dumped file and my decompiled file. I have not made any changes to the system yet.

Attachments

• DSDT.zip
    83.3 KB · Views: 100
Ok, I tried following your guide, I have the clover bootloader and have edited my current config.plist with your patches, I haven't done anything to alter AppleHDA.kext, I have the codeccommander and alc283 kext but I've hit a problem where I can't edit my dsdt. When I compile it I get errors, I have tried ACPI, 4,0, 5.0A and 5.1. I dumped it using Clover, there were no other DSDT files. I have attached my dumped file and my decompiled file. I have not made any changes to the system yet.

You are clearly not following my ACPI patching guide.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back