1. Android
  2. iOS
Hello all!

I installed my new CPU 6900k in my "old" system. Now I have:

Hello everyone.
Yesterday I had my system 100% working with the following specs:
CPU: 6900k
RAM: 32gb ram 2133mhz (hyperx fury)
MOBO: MSI X99A SLI KRAIT EDITION (updated to latest version and well configurated)
  • EHCI USB - disabled (if enabled, I have random KP in 10.12.6)
  • CFG Lock - disabled
  • VT-d - disabled
  • EIST - enabled
  • TURBO - enabled
Graphics: GTX 1080
PSU: Corsair RM750
SSD 500gb Samsung EVO 850

2 days ago, my system worked perfectly in 10.13.1 with my last CPU (5820k), but after change it, I can't get 10.13.2 installation. I've tried these guides and no luck:

1) https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...sierra-10-13-clover-guide-100-working.240052/
2) https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...high-sierra-10-13-on-x99-full-success.227001/

My MOBO is different from other x99 mobos, I need test2.efi + Osxaptiofixdrv.efi or OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi depending what I do.

I'm using test2.efi and OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi in my MOBO to boot 10.2.6 instead of OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi because the last one never worked for me. I always used test2.efi + OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi to boot. If I use OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi, my system does not boot 50% of times.

Following both guides, the boot stucks in +++++++++, you can see that in screenshots I uploaded. I tried too to boot from all USB 2.0 and 3.0. My thumb has 32gb, I'ved tried too in a 16 one, but nothing.

I tried with and without these kext and patches in my clover folders:
  • VoodooTSCSync.kext for 8 cores.
  • Changed the FakeCPUid in config.plist to 0x040674 and CPU type with 0x0a02. I tried too to add xcpm_cpuid_set_info © Pike R. Alpha and xcpm_bootstrap © Pike R. Alpha patches in kernel but no luck.
  • Add X99 Patch by Brumbaer patch.

I upload both clover folders to ask you help, please. I'm really lost in that, I don't know why my clover stucks there.

Yesterday I have to install fresh 10.2.6 to work, and everything here works perfect (I'm writing from there)... But I can't boot 10.13.2 installation :(

EDIT:
I tried to update a clone of my 10.12.6 system to 10.13.2 and when I try to boot with modified EFI folder (with correct apfs.efi), the system reboots after +++++++++++++++. I tried too to boot with slide=0 but reboots too.

EDIT 2:
If I try to boot with Kernel CPU activated in Clover, the installer boots okay, I can format and start installation in my HDD but when it restarts, I try to boot "Install High Sierra on HDD" and I stuck here (photo). I tried with and without USB injection in clover, with and without X99_Injector USB 3.kext, and same "error", same stuck. Its so weird, because every person who use a broadwell E CPU dont need to use Kernel CPU to boot... I think my problem is in my Kernel with my new 6900k. Any clue?

ver

Attachments

• stuck-5820k-guide.jpeg
    stuck-5820k-guide.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 251
  • stuck-perfect-customacpro-guide.jpg
    stuck-perfect-customacpro-guide.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 190
  • efi perfect customac pro guide.zip
    18 MB · Views: 91
  • efi 5820k guide.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 87
  • stuck after install.jpeg
    stuck after install.jpeg
    4.5 MB · Views: 232
Last edited:
I tried to fresh install 10.13.0 (17A365) and same problem, stuck at +++++++. I've removed all my SATA disks except SSD and same problem... Any idea?

what is your config.plist looks like?
Also to avoid the KernelPM checked you have to disable the MSR 0xE2 Lock (i think it is called CFG lock on MSI)
I have also boot problems with MSI so now and then I never found out why. I just sometimes change npci=0x2000 into 0x3000 and after a try put it back into 0x2000 and it works most of the time.

Yeah I know, CFG Lock is disabled in my mobo, like always. I reflash the bios and same problem... Im writing from 10.12.6 and everything is perfect, but I cant boot 10.13.0 installer. I tried with 0x3000 and 0x2000, and with UseKernelCache=No, and lot of things more haha. It's driving me crazy! Here you are my config. With this config, people with 6900k could boot the installer. I know the fakecpuid is not correct, but to boot installer, it is not necessary to change. Give me your config.plist if you can :)

Maybe I have to disable something more in BIOS... But I never had to. I had 10.13.1 running 100% with 5820k. These problems appear when I change the cpu to 6900k.

Attachments

• config.plist
    3.8 KB · Views: 255
  • IMG_0703.jpeg
    IMG_0703.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 244
Last edited:
anybody can help me?

Please upload the (1)Verbose boot screen shot where your usb Installer Boot fails along with the (2)Clover Folder from the USB installer as a compressed file and (3) the corresponding BIOS options you have selected to boot the USB installer.

The above 3 items are needed to analyze the possible nature of boot failure (from the Verbose boot screen image or Screen image taken before the USB installer could appear in the Clover boot manager screen) and to determine what role Clover Folder contents and BIOS choices are contributing to the observed boot failure.

@cmn699 You're right.
Here are my actual bios settings, clover folder compressed and clover stuck screenshot.
BIOS settings not in screenshots: default settings in MSI mobo (EHCI and XHCI enabled), and OC in 4.2 with EIST enabled and Turbo Mode enabled.

Attachments

• IMG_0703.jpeg
    IMG_0703.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 229
  • clover-folder.zip
    18 MB · Views: 81
  • stuck-perfect-customacpro-guide.jpg
    stuck-perfect-customacpro-guide.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 185
@cmn699 You're right.
Here are my actual bios settings, clover folder compressed and clover stuck screenshot.
BIOS settings not in screenshots: default settings in MSI mobo (EHCI and XHCI enabled), and OC in 4.2 with EIST enabled and Turbo Mode enabled.

The listed BIOS Options do not include your choice of Graphics.
Since your CPU does not have any Intel HD Graphics, I presume you have made appropriate choices to use your Nvidia GTX 1080 PCIE Graphics card. Otherwise you will encounter problems even with the edited CLOVER.

The uploaded screen shot shows that the USB installer has a problem booting into Clover Boot Manager screen or the installer encountered a boot failure once booted off the CBM screen depending upon when the Screen shot was made. This KP is more common before the CBM screen than after.

The problem seen on the Screen shot was from OsxAptioFixDrv.Efi in /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI folder of the High Sierra USB installer disk.

I have reviewed the CLOVER folder contents, edited a few things and uploaded it as zipped.

I suggest unzipping it and copying and pasting this edited CLOVER on to your High Sierra USB installer's EFI partition mounted on the desktop of the Hack/Mac it was created replacing the current CLOVER Folder with this edited one.

Reboot that High Sierra USB installer and take images to upload for any problem encountered BEFORE it reaches CBM screen or AFTER it is booted from the CBM screen, indicating clearly in your post where the problem occurred.

Depending upon your post and uploaded image further troubleshoot might be needed.

Attachments

• OsxAptioFixDrv KP.png
    OsxAptioFixDrv KP.png
    167.5 KB · Views: 211
  • CLOVER.zip
    5.7 MB · Views: 89
All of this happens AFTER CBM. If I use your Clover folder, this is the boot problem. With this mobo, I could install 10.13 without problem few months ago with 5820k. But now, I think the 6900k is the problem... Because I didn't change any other part of my build.

Attachments

• IMG_0726.jpeg
    IMG_0726.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 219
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back