Contribute
Register

[Solved] My Wifi TL-WDN4800 N900 not working after install Mojave

Status
Not open for further replies.
It goes in the Clover/Kexts/Other folder.

Try this, download zips attached and place only AirportAtheros40kext on your desktop. Make sure it is the only kext on desktop. Run Kextbeast and select Libray/Extensons and the correct disk to install to. Reboot and test.
I believe it should work . I have TP-Link TL WDN 4800 in all my Desktops running Mojave up to 14.1

I have essentially done a similar install removing any previous kexts and Repair Permission and Rebuild cache with install using a Kext installer tool like you have mentioned.
I have a perfectly working WiFi with the Atheros firmware.
[See uploaded image]

Attachments

• Atheros Wifi.png
    Atheros Wifi.png
    357.2 KB · Views: 581
I believe it should work . I have TP-Link TL WDN 4800 in all my Desktops running Mojave up to 14.1

I have essentially done a similar install removing any previous kexts and Repair Permission and Rebuild cache with install using a Kext installer tool like you have mentioned.
I have a perfectly working WiFi with the Atheros firmware.
[See uploaded image]

I used to add the Atheros40kext to my IO80211family kext plug ins folder in System/Library/Extensions folder. But on my latest Mojave install I just used the Atheros40kext and Kextbeast and it works. I've also updated and it still works as its in the Library/Extensions folder.

N900 Atheros40 kext.png

Last edited:
Install 1080211Family.kext (uploaded as zipped) to your Mojave System Disk's Library /Extensions , System Library/Extensions folder using any of the following ->Kext Utility|Kext Wizard/KextBeast

This worked for me too.

Hey guys,

Read through the thread and still haven't been able to find a solution. A bit new to this, not sure if the wifi/BT card is just not compatible with the hackintosh build. I'm running an Intel 7265AC-PCIE Dual Band Wireless AC1200 Wifi+Bluetooth card with the build. Tried all installs with above Kext files using Kext Utility and Kext Beast but nothing seems to work. I was checking System Reports and it doesn't seem like it's recognizing the PCI card as well. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks a lot in advance, greatly appreciate it!

I'm running an Intel 7265AC-PCIE Dual Band Wireless AC1200 Wifi+Bluetooth card with the build. Tried all installs with above Kext files using Kext Utility and Kext Beast but nothing seems to work.
Intel Wifi will never work as it's not supported in macOS. You'll need to use a wifi/BT card that is compatible. Search this site to find what you can use.

Hey guys,

Read through the thread and still haven't been able to find a solution. A bit new to this, not sure if the wifi/BT card is just not compatible with the hackintosh build. I'm running an Intel 7265AC-PCIE Dual Band Wireless AC1200 Wifi+Bluetooth card with the build. Tried all installs with above Kext files using Kext Utility and Kext Beast but nothing seems to work. I was checking System Reports and it doesn't seem like it's recognizing the PCI card as well. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks a lot in advance, greatly appreciate it!

• Please read the Forum rules and add your System Hardware SPECS to your Personal Details in compliance with the rules and to help us understand your computer hardware to find the required kexts(drivers) to run Hackintosh and help answer your queries.
  • In this thread, we are NOT discussing All different kinds of WiFi/BT devices; this thread is specifically dealing with PCIE TPLink WDN 4800 that has Atheros Chipset.
    • It is NOT applicable to your problem.
  • Your Intel WiFi/BT Module has NO MacOS support.
  • There are no tweaks to make it work in macOS.
    • You will have to Disable or Remove and replace it preferably with a Wifi with Broadcom Chipset that is natively supported in Mac.
    • If you don't want to go for a PCIE card, look for a USB Dongle with Broadcom Chipset with macOS 10.14.x support.

Intel Wifi will never work as it's not supported in macOS. You'll need to use a wifi/BT card that is compatible. Search this site to find what you can use.
Sorry , I did not see your post while I was typing the reply. You have covered the issue adequately in your response.

installed the IO80211Family with kextbeast
Rebooted and nothing
Rebuilded cache etc with kext wizard and wifi showed!

first mentioned fix in this stream worked perfectly for me. installed that IO80211 kext family with kext beast into /library/extensions. not the second option (/system/library/extensions). thanks everyone.

Hi! Can Anyone show the new guy who to do this? I place this to the extension folder but I cant see my antena on the system! :(

• You cannot just place (Copy & Paste) IO80211Family.kext into /L/E folder of System Disk and expect Atheros 9380: 4.0.74.0-P2P WiFi to work.
  • To install the kext into /Library/Extensions, you need to use a Kext installing software or Terminal commands
    • Some of the commonly used 3 Software tools are Kext Utility|Kext Wizard| KextBeast
  • Kext Utility automatically installs the Kexts and Repair Permission & Rebuild Cache once you drag & drop the kext into the the launched Kext Utility, after typing in the Password. This will make the kext available to support the WiFi device after reboot.
  • Once you Reboot, you should launch, System Preferences> Network>Turn WiFi On
    • Select your Network Name > from the Drop-down box >and type your Password for your WiFi network

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back