Contribute
Register

[Solved] My Wifi TL-WDN4800 N900 not working after install Mojave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Install 1080211Family.kext (uploaded as zipped) to your Mojave System Disk's Library /Extensions , System Library/Extensions folder using any of the following ->Kext Utility|Kext Wizard/KextBeast
This worked for me THANK YOU

I did a clean install of Catalina and struggled mightily with the WIFI for a few hours. I installed both IO80211Family.kext and AirPortAtheros40.kext in System/Library/Extensions using KextBeast without success. Finally, I installed IO80211Family.kext in the other location as well, and FINALLY the WIFI popped up. Perhaps I was supposed to install the kext in both areas from the start and misunderstood the directions.

Thanks to everyone on this board for the helpful solutions!

Hi Gigamaxx. it doesnt work. my pci wifi card doesnt pick up the 5ghz network. I also ran the speed test for the card comparing to my macbook pro on the same 2.4ghz, it is far difference in speed. the hackintosh 30+mbps slower dl then my macbook pro. I am using ATT fiber optics that has 1gbps speed. my 5ghz has over 230+mbps dl. any ideas why my card is not seeing the 5ghz channel?

I have the same problem! When I load windows 7, the card sees the 5Ghz network and works, load the hackintosh, only the 2.4Ghz network is displayed, and the 5Ghz network does not even appear in the list.

I think this happens because 5 GHz works on channels (for me) - 36, 40, 44, 48, 149, 153, 157, 161, and the card scans channels 1 - 14

In the settings of the router I changed the channel to 48 and the hackintosh removed the 5g network

Last edited:
I was having the same problem with this card after a vanilla Mojave install and this tool solved the problem for me:

Yes, it does work in Catalina. I just copied the IO80211Family.kext to the EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/and after a reboot, it worked.
Thanks to everyone so far!
NICE JOB.. this worked like a charm on catalina 10.15.6 did a speed test and im getting 100mpbs.. :headbang:
no need to disable sip. see 5g workes no problem.

Last edited:
Install 1080211Family.kext (uploaded as zipped) to your Mojave System Disk's Library /Extensions , System Library/Extensions folder using any of the following ->Kext Utility|Kext Wizard/KextBeast
Just wanted to chime in to say that this worked for me, running this card on Catalina. Thank you so much!!

Anyone had any luck running this card on Big Sur with OpenCore?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back