Contribute
Register

[Solved] My Wifi TL-WDN4800 N900 not working after install Mojave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you cmn699 for your help.

Installed the 1080211Family.kext in my EFI-folder (/Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/)..
Rebooted and ... Bardaf!
View attachment 420244
It did the trick :)
How did you put the kext there? I tried to put the kext using Clover Configurator's menu Kexts Installer, dragged the kext there. But after rebooting kextstat did not print com.apple.iokit.IO80211Family, so the kext was not loaded.

Last edited:
How did you put the kext there? I tried to put the kext using Clover Configurator's menu Kexts Installer, dragged the kext there. But after rebooting kextstat did not print com.apple.iokit.IO80211Family, so the kext was not loaded.

Kextbeast will do it. It’s in the downloads section.

Hello u314ter,
Did the method of Gigamaxx helped you out? If yes, youpie!
What I like to add, is that I only work with this folder :/Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/
All the other folders (those with version names) are deleted.
Hope your predicament is ended.
Greetings from Belgium

Hi guys,
I want to buy this wifi card, did works on Catalina? any other suggestions to buy?

Hello u314ter,
Did the method of Gigamaxx helped you out? If yes, youpie!
What I like to add, is that I only work with this folder :/Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/
All the other folders (those with version names) are deleted.
Hope your predicament is ended.
Greetings from Belgium
I see, it seems CLOVER method did not work because I didn't delete other folders with version names. I installed it in /Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext but I did not use any kext installers such as Kextbeast I manually fixed access rights and invalidated cache. I will try your method with folders removing next time I'll do major upgrade.

Hi guys,
I want to buy this wifi card, did works on Catalina? any other suggestions to buy?
It works in Mojave with manual IO80211Family.kext installation as described in this thread. I guess it should work in Catalina with IO80211Family.kext as well but can't say for 100%. I don't upgrade to Catalina until tonymacx86 release tools for it.

It works in Mojave with manual IO80211Family.kext installation as described in this thread. I guess it should work in Catalina with IO80211Family.kext as well but can't say for 100%. I don't upgrade to Catalina until tonymacx86 release tools for it.
Yes, it does work in Catalina. I just copied the IO80211Family.kext to the EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/and after a reboot, it worked.
Thanks to everyone so far!

Yes, it does work in Catalina. I just copied the IO80211Family.kext to the EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/and after a reboot, it worked.

This one thing worked for me! I'm glad I decided to try going to the last page of this thread. Thank you!

If someone is still struggling deleting kexts from S/L/E in Catalina:
sudo mount -uw /
killall Finder

then just delete whatever you need from Finder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back