Contribute
Register

[Solved] My Wifi TL-WDN4800 N900 not working after install Mojave

Status
Not open for further replies.
ISSUE:
Updated Siera to Mojavi and my TL-WDN4800 N900 stopped working.
The system no longer recognized the wireless hardware.

SOLUTION:
Download: KextBeast from TonyMacx86 and install onto the desktop.
Download: The IO80211Family.kext onto the desktop and open the zip file onto the desktop. (Special thanks to cmn699's upload! dated July 27, 2018)
In FINDER:
Manually delete the file old version of IO80211Family.kext: It is located in System -> Library -> Extensions -≥ IO80211Family.kext.
Now open KextBeast. CONTINUE - CONTINUE - AGREE - And select install in the /System/Library/Extentions folder.
CONTINUE - Finish... Once you see the success window... Restart your computer...

This should allow your system to now see the TL-WDN4800 N900 and allow you to connect you to your router.

-Best of luck!

Attachments

• IO80211Family.kext.zip
    8.2 MB · Views: 463
  • IMG_7597.JPG
    IMG_7597.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 269
Does kextbeast repair permissions automatically?

No you can use Kext Utility or Terminal to do that

.I am wondering because I am not having much luck getting the WiFi card working again. I have RTvariables/CrsActiveConfig set to 0 x 67, I manually deleted an existing IO80211Family.kext kext and used KextBeast to install the new IO80211Family.kext in S/L/E. I rebooted and still my computer does not see any Wi-Fi card in the PCI slot

So now I ran Kext Utility to repair permissions and rebuild caches. That seemed to go well so I restarted and still no action. Should the status light o the card be illuminated even if it is not recognized?

I think I added the lilu kext at some point to 10.14 EFI/Clover/10.14 folder and I see another kext named IO80211FamilyV2.kext in S/L/E

The Io80211Familykext is there from Apple. We are either replacing it or adding the Atheros40kext to it and replacing it. You can also add the Atheros40kext to Library/extensions and it may work. What happened is Apple dropped the Atheros40kext form Mojave.

I have attached both fixes, if the Atheros40kext isn't working in Library/Extensions then you can try plan B. See the read me section.

Attachments

• Atheros fix.zip
    10.2 MB · Views: 340
Thanks, GM. Adding the Atheros40 kext did the trick. I really appreciate you taking the time to consider my problem and that you were able to provide the correct solution. It really makes me happy to Be able to maintain and improve my customac. The next thing I have to sort out is the problem of USB3 ports not functioning or being recognized.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back