Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] MultiBeast, UniBeast, Chimera, etc. showing generic package icon instead of their custom ic

Status
Not open for further replies.

nobodynose

Motherboard
ASRock Z370M Pro4
CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. iMac
  3. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
On my system, MultiBeast, UniBeast, and Chimera all have plain package icons (see below) rather than their colorful custom character icons. Any idea why? This problem persists when I download and install a new version of any of these programs as well.

PkgIcon.png

MultiBeast, UniBeast, Chimera, etc. showing generic package icon instead of their custom icons

Working fine on my systems.
Looks correct on my systems.

MultiBeast, UniBeast, Chimera, etc. showing generic package icon instead of their custom icons

Working fine on my systems.

They *work* fine on mine, they are just missing their cute little icons. It's really strange that the icons are still gone when I download and install a new version of any of them too.

I found out what was causing this...I had an application called Keka (it handles .zip, .7z, .rar, .tgz, and just about any other archive file imaginable) installed, and it was my default application for opening all archive file types. I removed Keka and switched back to The Unarchiver, and now the applications are showing their correct icons again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back