NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Good afternoon,

I'm having some trouble with my hackintosh. I've had a pretty seamless system since lion. All of a sudden over the weekend my hack started doing a bunch of obscure things I can't figure out why. On Saturday it got stuck in a boot loop all of a sudden. Turned out it was the "AppleTyMCEDriver.kext". Upon booting into safe mode to delete the kext I all of a sudden get the error "“AppleTyMCEDriver.kext” can’t be modified or deleted because it’s required by OS X.". So I temporary tried booting into MacPro 3,1 via clover but now I'm getting the monitor goes to sleep after boot. So now I'm running in iMac 12,2 (Sandy Bridge). Once I got into the system my drives were showing up as externals and I had no sound. After running multibeast to fix the drives that issue has been solved. Although I cannot get the sound drivers to reinstall. Multibeast throws the error "The Installer encountered an error that caused the software to fail. Check the MultiBeast.log install log for more details" (log posted below). So I've been going at it for 4 days and I'm very frustrated I cannot figure out whats going on. I even ran OS X El Captain install again. (My only flash I drive I have at school isn't working with UniBeast). Would someone kindly help me out?

Code:
09/08/16 15:20:37 - Mounting EFI
09/08/16 15:20:37 - Installing 'Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > ALC889'
09/08/16 15:20:39 - Install of '/Users/anthr76/Downloads/MultiBeast - El Capitan Edition-3/MultiBeast.app/Contents/Resources/Clover-ALC889.pkg' failed.
'installer: Package name is Clover ALC889
installer: Upgrading at base path /
installer: The upgrade failed (The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.)
'. Exiting.

SOLVED ! THANK GOD

SIP Was completely removed from my config.plist. I don't even know how that is possible ? All good and running....

Hi,

I know this is a very old post, but do you remember what you did exactly to fix this? I'm late to the upgrading game from El Capitan, going to Sierra first.

I'm seeing the exact same issue in attempting to install my own Audio drivers

Code:
12/09/17 23:13:26 - Mounting EFI
12/09/17 23:13:27 - Installing 'Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > ALC889'

12/09/17 23:13:28 - Install of '/Volumes/Files/Multibeast/MultiBeast.app/Contents/Resources/Clover-ALC889.pkg' failed.
'installer: Package name is Clover ALC889
installer: Upgrading at base path /
installer: The upgrade failed (The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.)
'. Exiting.

12/09/17 23:15:00 - Failed to find node with path 'Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > Optional HD 4600 HDMI Audio'

If you remember it would be sweet!

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back