Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] Multibeast doesn't appear to do anything? no bootloader at all, no drivers (sound etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator WiFi
CPU
i9-12900K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
So I've performed a fresh install of Catalina 10.15.7 in order to update my very old Hackintosh build (its been running Sierra for years), and the installation seemed to work pretty well (following the guide to the letter of course :geek:), until time came to cut the USB boot umbilical.

I ran Multibeast v12.3.0-3 ("install successful"), rebooted, and all I got was a black screen and the message "B1InitializeLibrary failed 0xc00000bb", and that's it.

Now, I can boot into Catalina just fine using the USB installation Unibeast stick (which doesn't list the Win10 SSD?), but without Multibeast installing the clover bootloader on the SSD or the drivers, I have quite a mess on my hands as that means I can't get the internal & external audio devices to work properly, or the mac definition to change (Mainstage refuses to run due to graphics, presumably because "About This Mac" thinks it's an iMac from 2013). I've run it a few times with various different options ticked, but as far as I can tell it's doing diddly squat. :cry: Still same lack of anything as before.
With everything I've tried to fix this, Multibeast has always said "install succeeded", even though it doesn't seem to do anything.

I've checked all my UEFI (bios) settings are correct. The MacOSX and Win10 installs are on seperate SSD drives.
I have (double) checked that SIP is definitely disabled (e.g. CsrActiveConfig set to 0x67)
I have used the line "sudo mount -uw /" in terminal to try and make sure Multibeast has the necessary read/write access.
(The line "csrutil status" reports 'Apple Internal', 'Kext Signing', & 'Filesystem Protection' are disabled, the rest 'enabled'.)
I don't yet know what else to try!

I don't claim to have any knowledge of Mac OSX architecture or any expert experience in hackintoshes. I built my machine years ago simply by following the instructions and reading the forum, and it was a miracle I got it working then. I've been avoiding updating/upgrading for years for fear that I'd create more problems than solving...
Assume I'm a total novice and you'd be pretty much right. :oops:

I'm reading this site through furiously to find out a fix I can comprehend, but assuming I don't... please help!

PS: I've seen that 0xc00000bb error in threads that reference to not being able to boot Windows, but it boots fine; that is if I select it by changing the boot order in the bios, as that's the only way I can select it at the moment.

Last edited:
Bump.. I can see that the Clover folder was installed in EFI on the MacOSX disk, so I guess Multibeast did do something, it's just that it's not had any working effect on the installation. So I guess I need to modify it?

Last edited:
I've tried reinstalling Clover on the Mac SSD with various different methods, used the Hackintool and the Clover configurator to check settings and modify etc. But I guess for one reason or another it's just not being "seen" as bootable, and until it is I can't get the kexts/drivers to work!
I feel like I'm going in circles trying to find the answer.. always getting "B1InitializeLibrary failed 0xc00000bb" :crazy:

Check your UEFI settings and also that the appropriate SSD is set to primary boot device.

My first reaction to your comment was "I've done that!". But I then I thought I'll look in the UEFI(bios) settings once again anyway. and lo and behold I saw there were additional menu options under the main boot priority order list, one of them being UEFI priority. So I entered the MacOSX drive in that list, saved & rebooted, and lo and behold I was greeted with the new silver/grey Clover bootloader screen! I'm an idiot- but now we have progress! :clap:

However, once I selected the MacOSX drive to boot, I was greeted with a white apple logo on black background, and no progress bar. It just sits on this screen and does nothing more. So of course I booted again with the verbose option ticked, to get this:
Screenshot 1.jpg

Of course I'm going to try more fiddling with the Multibeast to see if I can fix this new problem, but any further insights would be immensely appreciated.

(Thankyou JD7, for the nudge in the right direction lol)

Reactions: JD7
NEVER MIND I FIXED IT!!

Ahem. I re-booted via the Usb stick, ran the Multibeast again, and it booted perfectly. All I had to do was select the right drivers until I got the sound working. Hallelujah.
I guess Catalina didn't like that version of Clover I updated to whilst trying to fix the boor problem; that's fine I'll keep it as it is. :lol:
Now I just have to figure out how to get Windows 10 to show in the disk list when I startup so I can get to it via CLover rather than through the F11 disk menu in the bios. But- crisis over! :headbang:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back