Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] Multibeast 4.2.0 failing

Status
Not open for further replies.
After more reading, jmamac, That backup folder, IOAHCIFamily Backup, is a part of the Trim Enabler that was added to MB 4.2. Are you using a SSD that needs Trim Enabler? If not, I bet if you make sure that is not selected your update should work...

Yes when I unchecked it, it worked once. But then a second time it failed again (still unchecked and no files on the Desktop). It doesn't matter cause everything is updated now (I hope). But it still doesn't work flawless. I read other people experience the same problems.

Hello.. Same experiences here. I find it helpful if you narrow down ur installation. I nailed the kexts or tweaks down one by one,. I find it less problematic if you don't install all at the same time..

I am having same issue with multibeast. Going to try the advice given here..

Is there a reason that multi beast simply doesn't state why it failed? e.g. instead of saying "the installation failed," why not say "the installation failed because the backup folder ___ already exists at /Users/<username>/Desktop?<folder name>" ?

noneme said:
Is there a reason that multi beast simply doesn't state why it failed? e.g. instead of saying "the installation failed," why not say "the installation failed because the backup folder ___ already exists at /Users/<username>/Desktop?<folder name>" ?
You need to look at the install.log file for the failure reason as it can't be passed back to the installer GUI.

This fix is on our wish list with no ETA for fixing.

Between moving/deleting the desktop backup file and doing partial MB installs I am having success.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back