Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z87X-OC
CPU
3.07 core i7
Graphics
GTX 660 Ti
When I attempt to run Multibeast 4.2.0 (UserDSDT) on my Customac Pro 2010, I am getting an error that I have not seen with previous installs.

"The installation failed. The installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance."

I have tried it with just UserDSDT and permissions and it still fails. Any ideas? Thanks!

Re: Multibeast 4.2.0 failing

Dont do permissions and just your DSDT then on your desktop and see what it does.
Try and narrow it down to one thing. Make sure your DSDT is all set as well if you are using it.

If a kext patcher finds an existing backup folder on the desktop the patching will fail and Multibeast will show a failure.

MacMan said:
If a kext patcher finds an existing backup folder on the desktop the patching will fail and Multibeast will show a failure.

That was totally it, thanks!

Now to see if it fixed my wake from sleep issue, but thats for another thread. :)

Thanks again!

So after the successful install of MB 4.2 should we delete the Apple RTC-Backup folder from our desktop?

Thanks so much!

Scuba said:
So after the successful install of MB 4.2 should we delete the Apple RTC-Backup folder from our desktop?

Thanks so much!
You can delete it or move it to another location (which I do).

Thank you MacMan, for the helpful tips and great work! I will be able to test more tomorrow but it appears that the MB 4.2 upgrade worked well after I deleted the backup folder. It was on the desktop after my first try when I realized I forgot to change my system definition.

Very excited about my learning! Thank you again.

MacMan said:
It still doesn't work with me though. The moment this folder: "IOAHCIFamily-Backup" appears on the desktop, the installation fails. I don't have any old backup folder on the desktop.

Removing the backup folder worked for me (AppleRTC-Backup). The settings are holding in BIOS and the system seems more stable and is booting faster as well (or so it seems). Everything is a bit snappier...

jmamac - I don't know enough to give you a solid answer for your problem. maybe you have something checked in MB that you don't need that is leaving the backup folder? There is a IOAHCIBlock StorageInjector selection under Disk in Kexts and Bootloaders. You'd think the installer would only try and leave the same named backup folder once, assuming the conflict happens when a backup folder exists on the desktop that is the same name as the one MB is trying to place there... do I make any sense? I think I'm at the point where I know just enough about this to be dangerous to myself and others :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back