i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all,

I recently completed my latest build with High Sierra with an 8700K, NVME, etc. I was using an Nvidia 750ti, which worked great in previous OS's, but suffered from terrible lag on HS. After reading many reports I opted for the RX560. Getting it to work was simple: I removed Nvidia Webdrivers and enabled RadeonDeInit. That's it.

The OS is buttery smooth now, so it has made a huge difference. However, upon boot both my HDMI and DP outputs mirror the start up process, but once I get to the desktop only the DP port actually works and is detected. If I unplug the DP cable, HDMI works fine so long as nothing is plugged into the DP port. Additionally, the DVI output works fine.

However, I really need all three outputs to work for my rig. I understand this has something to do with immature drivers and the ports not being correctly mapped, but I have no clue where to start to address the problem. I have tried enabling WhateverGreen Kext, but it made no difference.

Any thoughts on what I could try would be appreciated

Thanks

Ron

Which RX 560 do you have? I have the Asus RX 560 OC 4GB, I am using three displays, no issues, well one quirky issue, but that has to do with bringing the monitors out of sleep. I am not using RadeonDeInit, but instead Lilu and Whatevergreen kexts.

i am having kind of a related problem - only my 30" monitor connected to the DVI port runs at 2560x1600. the other one (connected to the HDMI port with an HDMI-DVI adapter) is stuck at low resolution.

i wonder if there is any use in setting a framebuffer name in clover? according to the tonymac ati guide the framebuffer name is "Acre". i have not tried this yet. also using Lilu and Whatevergreen.

Which RX 560 do you have? I have the Asus RX 560 OC 4GB, I am using three displays, no issues, well one quirky issue, but that has to do with bringing the monitors out of sleep. I am not using RadeonDeInit, but instead Lilu and Whatevergreen kexts.

Mine is the MSI 4GB version. I'll try Lilu and WhateverGreen and report back. Thanks.

i currently have WhateverGreen + Lilu + also RadeonDeInit in clover. this might be overkill, but it seemed like with only WhateverGreen my wake-from-display-sleep times were slow and eventually the display would lock up coming out of display sleep. with RadeonDeInit set, my monitor wakes from sleep quickly and so far has not locked up (about 16 hours of runtime now). note that i'm not talking about system sleep, just display sleep (i can't sleep because of the "this usb volume not ejected properly" problem)

in the end i never set a framebuffer name in clover.

i have the MSI 2GB version. i just received an active displayport -> DVI adapter (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002ISVI3U/?tag=tonymacx86com-20) and it actually worked without rebooting the computer. so for a minute there i had a 30" display connected to the DVI port, a 1080p display connected to the HDMI port, and another 30" display connected to the displayport - all 3 working simultaneously like ashman70.

so in theory this should work for you too...

Thanks for your thoughts guys. So, I have this working 100% now, with all outputs fully functional and sound through both DP and HDMI, and DVI working on my 3rd monitor. My GPU is also correctly recognised now as Radeon RX560 4GB.

The solution: Copy Lilu and Whatevergreen Kexts to EFI/Clover/Kexts/Other. Also, remove RadenDeInit. This enables the GPU to be recognised correctly.

Cheers!

Ron

purpleronnie, are you using the -rad4200 boot flag? it occurs to me that not using that flag/driver may have been what caused my instability. after posting the message above my display locked up while playing an iTunes Music video... i have not had the courage to go try that again after setting -rad4200.

Hello

i've an saphire radeon rx560 with 10.13.3 working fine except after sleep i've got glitches but i think its due to my cable or my monitor getting old.

I want dual 4K with that card. Unfortunately only one DP, and one HDMI.

Under windows i've got dual 4K display, usinh HDMI2.0 on one of my 4K monitor.

Under OSX, does any one manage with a radeon to have HDMI2.0 working at 4K 60Hz ?

purpleronnie, are you using the -rad4200 boot flag? it occurs to me that not using that flag/driver may have been what caused my instability. after posting the message above my display locked up while playing an iTunes Music video... i have not had the courage to go try that again after setting -rad4200.

just to follow up on my problem, for some reason using smbios imac 18,3 is what caused my display lockups. switching to 18,1 seems to have yielded a stable system (15 days uptime vs. about 1 day uptime before a hang with 18,3). this is strange to me because imac 18,3 has discrete graphics + integrated graphics, while 18,1 only has integrated graphics. in my case i have the integrated graphics disabled.

i was able to watch a 2h30m movie in itunes with no problems, so i think it's working fine.

Hello

Under OSX, does any one manage with a radeon to have HDMI2.0 working at 4K 60Hz ?

HDMI 4k @ 60hz m, 4:4:4 chroma, 30 bit color

Working with 10.13.4 beta 2

I use an injector kext for hardware decoding encoding
Inside the kext is a cfg for hdmi2, I set this to “yes”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back