Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI GE62 2QD Apache Pro (Clover)
CPU
i7-5700HQ/HM87
Graphics
HD5600, GTX960M, 1920x1080
[solved]MSI GE62 with i7-5700HQ CPU and HD5600 Graphic card, no QI/CE

My PC is MSI GE62-647, I try to hackinstosh with Clover+GPT, and the version of OSX is 10.11.3 (original), the version of Clover is v3330. BOOT mode is UEFI and UEFI with CSM.
The first time when I tred to insatall EI Captain 10.11.3, I took a config modifed for the 5th generation CPU, and all process was very smoothly, and I could boot into the OSX desktop sucessfully.
So the first thing I should to do is to find a solution for driving HD5600, then I tred to modify the config to insert the id-platform of 5700hq and HD5600, also I patched the kernel with the corresponding binary value (the detailed config information is attached). But in this step, I could not get into the OSX system, and the problems were always arised in the process of booting (see the pictures below), it won't boot, and always reboot again and again, I don't know where is the problem, could somebody help me? I greatly appreciate for your help.
I have alredy change DVMT to 96M. but it doest't work.

PC: GE62 2QD Apache Pro
CPU: Core i7-5700HQ @ 2.70GHz
Motherboard MS-16J2 (intel PCI standard host CPU bridge)
Memory 8 GB ( hynix DDR3L 1600MHz )
Hard Disk Tobashi THNSNJ128G8NU (128 GB / ssd)
Graphic card Intel HD Graphics 5600
Display LG LGD046F (15.3 inch)
DVD LG DVDRAM GUD0N DVD
Audio card ALC892 @ intel Lynx Point
Ethernet card Killer E2200 and Intel Dual Band Wireless AC 3160

IMG_6925.jpg

[solved]
My problems have been solved by inspiration from http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/msi-gs60-2qe-ghost-pro-hd5600-qe-ci-7mb-problem-10-11-3.188626/.
QI/CE is working.
Thanks to
Traykun

Attachments

• config.plist
    9.8 KB · Views: 347
  • IMG_6921.jpg
    IMG_6921.jpg
    509.9 KB · Views: 472
  • IMG_6922.jpg
    IMG_6922.jpg
    716.6 KB · Views: 505
  • IMG_6923.jpg
    IMG_6923.jpg
    661 KB · Views: 458
Last edited:
My PC is MSI GE62-647, I try to hackinstosh with Clover+GPT, and the version of OSX is 10.11.3 (original), the version of Clover is v3330. BOOT mode is UEFI and UEFI with CSM.
The first time when I tred to insatall EI Captain 10.11.3, I took a config modifed for the 5th generation CPU, and all process was very smoothly, and I could boot into the OSX desktop sucessfully.
So the first thing I should to do is to find a solution for driving HD5600, then I tred to modify the config to insert the id-platform of 5700hq and HD5600, also I patched the kernel with the corresponding binary value (the detailed config information is attached). But in this step, I could not get into the OSX system, and the problems were always arised in the process of booting (see the pictures below), it won't boot, and always reboot again and again, I don't know where is the problem, could somebody help me? I greatly appreciate for your help.
I have alredy change DVMT to 96M. but it doest't work.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...de-booting-os-x-installer-laptops-clover.html

If you already followed the guide...

Boot verbose, show photo. Post EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (omit 'themes' folder).

Note: Please do not cross post duplicates into different threads. Removing your other posts.

Thank you very much for your reminding, I deleted another post in another thread, attachment is EFI folder of clover, and the picture booting with verbose mode has been shown above, the first one was taken under verbose mode, the second one is without verbose mode, the picture showed an apple logo and restared after 10s.

Attachments

• EFI.rar
    23.3 MB · Views: 202
Thank you very much for your reminding, I deleted another post in another thread, attachment is EFI folder of clover, and the picture booting with verbose mode has been shown above, the first one was taken under verbose mode, the second one is without verbose mode, the picture showed an apple logo and restared after 10s.

EFI not requested, not downloaded... it is too large.

Provide only EFI/Clover(remove 'themes'). If you followed the guide, it will be 3-5mb.

sorry for misunderstanding your descrition.
Clover without theme is attached below.
Please find it.

Attachments

• CLOVER.rar
    3.1 MB · Views: 163
What do you mean in post #1 by "also I patched the kernel with the corresponding binary value"?

Try booting with a Clover config created as detailed in the guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...de-booting-os-x-installer-laptops-clover.html

Why do you have patched DSDT.aml? What did you change?

I mean that I modify the value of platform-ID and injet "intel" and also modify the binary value of appleIntelBDWGraphicFrambuffer to make the HD5600 work, but it doesn't work. it counld be descripted in the following pictures.

As for the patched DSDT.aml, in fact, all clover configuration and DSDT were got from my friend who has exactly the same laptap with me, but it works on his laptop, it does'n work on my laptop even we have exactly the same laptop(with totally the same hardware except wifi).

20160402161334.jpg20160402161350.jpg20160402161359.jpg

I mean that I modify the value of platform-ID and injet "intel" and also modify the binary value of appleIntelBDWGraphicFrambuffer to make the HD5600 work, but it doesn't work. it counld be descripted in the following pictures.

No patching necessary for AppleIntelBDWGraphicsFramebuffer.kext for HD5600.

If you're referring to the minStolenSize patch (via config.plist), you should set DVMT-prealloc as required instead.

And your config.plist has way too many Clover DSDT "Fixes".

Refer to guide for correct setup: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...de-booting-os-x-installer-laptops-clover.html

As for the patched DSDT.aml, in fact, all clover configuration and DSDT were got from my friend who has exactly the same laptap with me, but it works on his laptop, it does'n work on my laptop even we have exactly the same laptop(with totally the same hardware except wifi).

Bad idea. Patch your own: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-laptop-support/152573-guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.html

What do you mean in post #1 by "also I patched the kernel with the corresponding binary value"?

Try booting with a Clover config created as detailed in the guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...de-booting-os-x-installer-laptops-clover.html

Why do you have patched DSDT.aml? What did you change?

Actually, I can boot with another Clover config which does't contain the configuration for HD5600, but it won't boot once some Graphic parameter has been changed. the attached is the config I used for booting OS X succussfully, but there's no graphic parameters in this config, so HD5600 does'n work by this config.

Attachments

• config.plist
    9.5 KB · Views: 293
Actually, I can boot with another Clover config which does't contain the configuration for HD5600, but it won't boot once some Graphic parameter has been changed. the attached is the config I used for booting OS X succussfully, but there's no graphic parameters in this config, so HD5600 does'n work by this config.

This config.plist is massively different from your other config.plist. The differences are well beyond the changes required for Broadwell graphics.

Did you set DVMT-prealloc as required?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back