Contribute
Register

[solved]MSI GE62 with i7-5700HQ CPU and HD5600 Graphic card, no QI/CE

Status
Not open for further replies.
This config.plist is massively different from your other config.plist. The differences are well beyond the changes required for Broadwell graphics.

Did you set DVMT-prealloc as required?

I set it to 96M, but it does't work either. so how many DVMT-prealloc should I set?

I set it to 96M, but it does't work either. so how many DVMT-prealloc should I set?

The setting of DVMT-prealloc depends on screen resolution. You did not specify your screen resolution (and many other hardware details) in your profile. 64mb for most resolutions. Larger if you have QHD+/UHD.

Please fill out your profile as requested in the guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...de-booting-os-x-installer-laptops-clover.html

Perhaps instead of all the fiddling about you're doing, you should actually follow the guide as written.

The setting of DVMT-prealloc depends on screen resolution. You did not specify your screen resolution (and many other hardware details) in your profile. 64mb for most resolutions. Larger if you have QHD+/UHD.

Please fill out your profile as requested in the guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...de-booting-os-x-installer-laptops-clover.html

Perhaps instead of all the fiddling about you're doing, you should actually follow the guide as written.

OK Thanks I will have a try.
I greatly appreciate for your enthusiastic help.

Hi RehabMan,

After I carefully read [Guide] Booting the OS X installer on LAPTOPS with Clover and [Guide] Booting the OS X installer on LAPTOPS with Clover as well as all threads related to Broadwell, I took your config (https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Clover-Laptop-Config) and have made some attemps, but all of them didn't work, it won't boot, the problem is descripted as below:
my attempts:
1, set DVMT-prealloc to 96M or 64M or 128M or 256M
2, replace the config by your config_HD5300_5500_5600_6000.plist
3, set config.plist/Devices/FakeID/IntelGFX=0x16268086 and 0x0BD18086, 0x0BD28086, 0x0BD38086, 0x16068086, 0x160e8086, 0x16168086, 0x161e8086, 0x16268086, 0x162b8086.

The attachment is the picture taken under verbose mode, my ioreg, and Clover without themes.
Your help would be much appreciated.

Attachments

• CLOVER.rar
    3.1 MB · Views: 92
  • IMG_6928.jpg
    IMG_6928.jpg
    987.8 KB · Views: 145
  • Leesacy's MacBook Pro.ioreg
    8.5 MB · Views: 175
Hi RehabMan,

After I carefully read [Guide] Booting the OS X installer on LAPTOPS with Clover and [Guide] Booting the OS X installer on LAPTOPS with Clover as well as all threads related to Broadwell, I took your config (https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Clover-Laptop-Config) and have made some attemps, but all of them didn't work, it won't boot, the problem is descripted as below:
my attempts:
1, set DVMT-prealloc to 96M or 64M or 128M or 256M
2, replace the config by your config_HD5300_5500_5600_6000.plist
3, set config.plist/Devices/FakeID/IntelGFX=0x16268086 and 0x0BD18086, 0x0BD28086, 0x0BD38086, 0x16068086, 0x160e8086, 0x16168086, 0x161e8086, 0x16268086, 0x162b8086.

The attachment is the picture taken under verbose mode, my ioreg, and Clover without themes.
Your help would be much appreciated.

Evidently you did not read very carefully -- your profile still does not indicate the hardware details as requested in the guide. As a result, I have no idea what your screen resolution is.

No need for FakeID. The native device-id is supported.

You have not patched ACPI correctly in order to use IntelBacklight.kext. Remove it until you patch properly.

Sometimes, it can help to use an external monitor (DP or HDMI) during troubleshooting.

Evidently you did not read very carefully -- your profile still does not indicate the hardware details as requested in the guide. As a result, I have no idea what your screen resolution is.

No need for FakeID. The native device-id is supported.

You have not patched ACPI correctly in order to use IntelBacklight.kext. Remove it until you patch properly.

Sometimes, it can help to use an external monitor (DP or HDMI) during troubleshooting.

my screen resolution is 1920x1080, the intenal display of laptop.

my screen resolution is 1920x1080, the intenal display of laptop.

Please add the data as requested (in the guide) to your profile...

Repeating...

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

Mobo: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Note: When specifying your bootloader, if using Clover legacy, please be sure to specify "Clover legacy"). Specifying "Clover" will be assumed as "Clover UEFI"

Please add the data as requested (in the guide) to your profile...

Repeating...

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

Mobo: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Note: When specifying your bootloader, if using Clover legacy, please be sure to specify "Clover legacy"). Specifying "Clover" will be assumed as "Clover UEFI"

Actually, it has been descripted in the first page of this thread.
Typical broadwell laptop
Mobo: MSI GE62 2QD Apache Pro (Clover)
CPU: i7-5700HQ/HM87
Graphics: HD5600, GTX960M, 1920x1080

Actually, it has been descripted in the first page of this thread.
Typical broadwell laptop
Mobo: MSI GE62 2QD Apache Pro (Clover)
CPU: i7-5700HQ/HM87
Graphics: HD5600, GTX960M, 1920x1080

Actually, the request was for you to place it in your profile or signature.

You know... the bold face part...

Please read carefully.

Actually, the request was for you to place it in your profile or signature.

You know... the bold face part...

Please read carefully.
eh, sorry for ignoring the specifics, I have changed it. Now I have to keep on moving to find the solution for booting into the system.............

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back