Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
msi H971 AC
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
Zotac GTX 780
Hi everyone, I've been trying to work my way through the iBoot + MultiBeast installation guide and I've hit a snag at the installation of Snow Leopard. I eject the iBoot Ivy Bridge cd as the guide prompts, insert Snow Leopard, and then hit enter to run OSX. From there I get an apple logo for a second and then the screen goes black and I'm prompted to select a proper boot device or insert boot media in my selected device.

In the BIOS I've set the disc drive with iBoot and Snow Leopard as my primary boot device and I've done my best to make sure all the other BIOS settings are where they should be. I've also tried these solutions recommended in the guide with no luck (NOTE: If you cannot get to the installation screen, retry from Step 4, type PCIRootUID=1 before hitting enter. If that doesn't work then try PCIRootUID=1 -x or just -x which will enter Mac OS X Safe Mode and will allow you to proceed.) and I'm not really sure where to change this setting in order to try it out (For some graphics cards, use GraphicsEnabler=No boot flag to proceed.)

I have a hunch I missed something in the BIOS settings or that I have a hardware compatibility issue, so I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with a similar board and could maybe provide some exact settings changes or could just give me some general advice at this stage.

My system is as follows:
Mobo - MSI H971AC
CPU - i7-4790k
Graphics - Zotac GTX 780
Storage - 250 GB Samsung 840 Evo
RAM - 16 GB
Asus disc drive

Thanks so much for any help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back