Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
So here it is: I bought a OCZ Vertex 2 60G and a WD Black 1T to replace my old WD Green 500G. I installed the drives and OS X on the SSD. No problem. 60G is obviously not enough, so I decided to put my data on the Black 1T (by changing the user folder in Accounts settings), leaving the SSD for OS and apps. I have the good habit of always keeping a Time Machine backup, so everything will be fine, right? ;)

The thing is: I can't recover my data back.

First, I tried to use the auto migration. Turns out it only wants to recover everything back to the boot drive. Then I tried to do the copying myself. No good. The permissions just got messed up. Then I boot into my old system, copy everything out, then boot into the SSD and copy everything back. This solution worked for most folders except one: Library. The permissions just didn't change. Even after I used chown in terminal, Mail still can't pick up the old mails. :banghead:

Anyone did it before? How can I make it work?

Re: Moving from HDD to SSD+HDD

Thought I solved the problem. No so simple. I created a temp admin account, deleted my main account, imported from the Time Machine backup my old library. Then I copy the library folder to the HDD, changed the user folder to it. Got my mail, chat history and keychain back. But iSync and trash bin refuse to work.

Any ideas?

Re: Moving from HDD to SSD+HDD

Problem solved. Used ditto to copy to HDD. Then changed home directory. Everything is fine now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back