Contribute
Register

[Solved] Mouse cursor freezes cyclically every few seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I nailed it down to USB issue. My pendrives suck under Mojave, so I started digging and found IORegistryExplorer. It would mark green devices attached to the system for about 5 seconds, and mark red the ones you disconnect.

If you re-use the same USB port multiple times, it would list the devices.

View attachment 363223

Here's a DataTraveler pendrive I disconnected, and another DT Elite I connected. It's a front panel USB 3.0 port (SSP1).

IORegistryExplorer will list all devices that are connected to this port and removed.

Look at my mouse tho:

View attachment 363224

Seems that it disconnects and reconnects... Now it's black, cos I did not catch it green at the last such freeze. But I suspect, in the background due to some USB drivers not being correctly added it keeps disconnecting and reconnecting - hence the freeze.

Will do some more tests and see how to fix USB drivers.

EDIT:

Totally USB thing, managed to catch it this time, and there are loads of disconnects above it... :S

View attachment 363248

Thanks for testing, it's very interesting. Will be waiting for updates though it's ok with my mouse now.

Thanks for testing, it's very interesting. Will be waiting for updates though it's ok with my mouse now.
changed my mouse for now, and also used USBInjectAll and then created custom SSDT for only the ports that I use. It seems to have stopped now. :)

changed my mouse for now, and also used USBInjectAll and then created custom SSDT for only the ports that I use. It seems to have stopped now. :)

could you please explain how to so that?

i have same issue with Catalina 10.15.2 after installed wireless drivers (issue disappear if i turn off USB wireless)

PUSH I have the same problem under Catalina 10.5.2 and also since I changed the Clover bootloader to 5102. before that, everything ran fine. I did a reinstall afterwards and the error remains. Is it because of my USBPort.kext? More pictures will follow. I have the assumption that the mouse always reconnects. But the mouse is wired.

could you please explain how to so that?

i have same issue with Catalina 10.15.2 after installed wireless drivers (issue disappear if i turn off USB wireless)

Here the link:

PUSH I have the same problem under Catalina 10.5.2 and also since I changed the Clover bootloader to 5102. before that, everything ran fine. I did a reinstall afterwards and the error remains. Is it because of my USBPort.kext? More pictures will follow. I have the assumption that the mouse always reconnects. But the mouse is wired.

Because there is no officially drivers for my USB wireless adapter from this project:

wireless works with slow down internet speed(I’m ok with it), then mouse cursor freezes every 5-10 seconds . If i turn off USB WIRELESS everything works fine and perfectly!

My devices:
- NUC8i7BEH
- Catalina 10.15.2
- D-LINK DWA-131 usb wireless adapter

could anyone fix this for me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back