Motherboard
ASUS X555LAB-Clover
CPU
i3-5010U
Graphics
HD5500, 1920x1080
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi everyone, I've successfully made my first hack about a month ago and that was High Sierra on my old Asus F555l laptop. It worked okay but I then decided to upgrade to Mojave. I first tried to update from High Sierra using the app store but it would just end up booting to a black screen each time. I recently installed a 240GB Sandisk Plus SSD in my CD-Drive bay (500GB HDD + 240GB SSD) and tried installing Mojave on it but to no avail. I followed this thread (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/update-directly-to-macos-mojave.260654/) using Clover UEFI v4701.

After that didn't work I decided to start from scratch and made a bootable usb with Mojave following the Clover install guide. The same config file I used for High Sierra, I reused for Mojave so nothing changed in that regard. The bootable usb was able to take me to the installation screen where I installed mojave on an ssd partition. After that, I tried using both Clover v4701 (RehabMan's repo) and v4988 (The latest release of Clover didn't work for me) but I either end up on a grey screen with the cursor (Clover v4701) or with End Randomseed (Clover v4988).

I've searched and read through similar threads and tried some solutions such as trying OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi instead of AptioMemoryFix.efi and vice versa, unchecking intel HD inject in clover options (incase it's a possible graphics issue), ensured BIOS is correctly configured. Trying these have given me various KPs. What am I missing?

Clover v4701 Menu (The option to boot macOS from MacOS Mojave looks like it's better recognized in v4988):
IMG_20190815_211421.jpg

Booting Verbose from Clover v4701 menu:
IMG_20190815_213340.jpg

Clover v4988 menu:
IMG_20190815_211233.jpg

Booting Verbose from Clover v4988 menu:
IMG_20190815_185755.jpg

Attachments

• CLOVERV4701.zip
    10.4 MB · Views: 196
  • CLOVERV4988.zip
    10.4 MB · Views: 120
Last edited:
Hi everyone, I've successfully made my first hack about a month ago and that was High Sierra on my old Asus F555l laptop. It worked okay but I then decided to upgrade to Mojave. I first tried to update from High Sierra using the app store but it would just end up booting to a black screen each time. I recently installed a 240GB Sandisk Plus SSD in my CD-Drive bay (500GB HDD + 240GB SSD) and tried installing Mojave on it but to no avail. I followed this thread (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/update-directly-to-macos-mojave.260654/) using Clover UEFI v4701.

After that didn't work I decided to start from scratch and made a bootable usb with Mojave following the Clover install guide. The same config file I used for High Sierra, I reused for Mojave so nothing changed in that regard. The bootable usb was able to take me to the installation screen where I installed mojave on an ssd partition. After that, I tried using both Clover v4701 (RehabMan's repo) and v4988 (The latest release of Clover didn't work for me) but I either end up on a grey screen with the cursor (Clover v4701) or with End Randomseed (Clover v4988).

I've searched and read through similar threads and tried some solutions such as trying OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi instead of AptioMemoryFix.efi and vice versa, unchecking intel HD inject in clover options (incase it's a possible graphics issue), ensured BIOS is correctly configured. Trying these have given me various KPs. What am I missing?

Clover v4701 Menu (The option to boot macOS from MacOS Mojave looks like it's better recognized in v4988):
View attachment 421884

Booting Verbose from Clover v4701 menu:
View attachment 421885

Clover v4988 menu:
View attachment 421886

Booting Verbose from Clover v4988 menu:
View attachment 421887
4701 won't work on mojave, remove that

on 4988, you have way too many files in drivers64UEFI folder, check over the laptop guide to see what should be in there

you should only need 1 of these:
OsxAptioFixDrv, OsxAptioFix2Drv, OsxAptioFix3Drv or AptioMemoryFix-64.efi

trial and error them

4701 won't work on mojave, remove that

on 4988, you have way too many files in drivers64UEFI folder, check over the laptop guide to see what should be in there

trial and error them

Ahh, I wasn't aware of that. Thought Clover just had to be higher than v4515(?). I'll try these solutions and report back.

Last edited:

trial and error them

Tried each of these options and none of them worked. I keep getting End RandomSeed. What else can I try? Really desperate here... :(

Perhaps something is wrong with my config.plist file? Can anyone take a quick look please?
config.plist looks ok, would need to see your zipped clover folder though

config.plist looks ok, would need to see your zipped clover folder though

Hi, if you look at my first post CLOVERV4988 is the first folder I was using. I've since tried to modify the drivers, kexts since that post but still getting End Randomseed. Take a look. Thanks!

Attachments

• clover.zip
    12.6 MB · Views: 116
Hi, if you look at my first post CLOVERV4988 is the first folder I was using. I've since tried to modify the drivers, kexts since that post but still getting End Randomseed. Take a look. Thanks!
clover has changed it's file structure

your efi's now belong in drivers\UEFI\

and you have no AptioMemoryFix in there

clover has changed it's file structure

your efi's now belong in drivers\UEFI\

and you have no AptioMemoryFix in there
ahh, I was wondering about that. I'm just going to reinstall v4988 and start from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back