GA-Z77MX-D3H TH
CPU
i7-4770k
Graphics
GTX 570
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Hi,

After some hiccups with the USB install, I've finally been able to perform a clean install of macOS 10.14.2.

I have my old SSD running 10.10 with the onboard ethernet port working using 'AtherosL1cEthernet.kext'

I tried using the same kext file for my Mojave installation, but no luck. I've also tried the AtherosE2200Ethernet-V2.2.2 kext that Multibeast offers.

After some research, so people had reported a modified kext 'AtherosL1cEthernetSierra.kext' was working for them.

Again, I tried this kext and no luck. When rebooted the Apple logo flashes and goes black, then restarts.

DPCIManager shows that I have a "Qualcomm Atheros AR8151 v2.0 Gigabit Ethernet"

Turns out I hadn't removed AtherosE2200Ethernet kext. Kept AtherosL1cEthernetSierra and it's all good.

I believe I have the same audio codec (VIA Technology VT2021?) on my GA-Z77X-UD3H as you have. Hey Tony, what’s the URL for your unofficial, but official guide? I’ll throw you my quick run-down of the process cod my motherboard, if you *do* have the VT2021, as well.

I’ve used the following methods, but I feel that the CloverALC / HDA injection method is more compatible than VoodooHDA.

Method 1 (Clover injection, more compatible)
  1. Mount your EFI partition in Clover Configurator.
  2. Install AppleALC kext (https://github.com/acidanthera/AppleALC/releases) in your /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.14 folder.
  3. Open Clover’s config.plist in Clover Configurator. You can find this file at the path /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/clonfig.plist.
  4. Navigate to “Devices” tab.
  5. In the far right column, tick “Reset HDA” and enter the value of 9 in the “Inject” field above the checkboxes.
  6. Clock file > Save.
  7. Exit Clover Configurator.
  8. Reboot. Allow Clover to work its magic.
  9. Connect speakers or your HDMI display (Radeon and GeForce audio seem to be auto-wired with CloverALC.)
  10. Play your fight song and crank it as loud as you need it to be
Method 2 (VoodooHDA)
  1. Mount your EFI partition in Clover Configurator.
  2. Install VoodooHDA.kext (https://sourceforge.net/projects/voodoohda/) to /VOLUMES/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.14.
  3. Follow steps 8 to 10 for Clover injection method (above.)
I hope this helps.
…has anyone a solution for enabling audio on this mobo and mojave ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back