Contribute
Register

[Solved] Mojave Screen Resoultion in GA-Z77X-UD3H core_i7_3770K hd 4000 Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
@cmn699
I did fresh install of everything but no luck with graphics.

Changed my bios setting as well.

I have attached some of the images, bootleg, config before and after changes.

Let me know if you find something that I am not doing.

Really appreciate for your time and effort.
  • Since you have all the needed kexts in /kexts/other especially Lilu.kext and WhateverGreen.kext (latest) and edited BIOS _Peripherals _IGFX , I suggest the following changes to your config.plist _Rt Variables_CsrActiveConfig and config.plist_SMBIOS as shown in the edited images.
  • As a test of how it will work, you can try them in your CBM Screen as a temporary edit BEFORE booting from CBM screen >Options_ into the System Disk Desktop.
    • Go to System Parameters and click on the current value of SIP and then in the next screen that pops up, REMOVE the current check marks from their boxes and then place check marks in check boxes 1, 2, 3 6 and 7 as shown in the uploaded images.
    • When you return to the previous screen, you will see the value changed to 0x67 [SIP =DISABLED to allow non-mac kexts to be loaded for Graphics and others]
    • Go to SMBIOS option and change Product Name to iMac 14,2
    • Return to CBM and Boot the System disk
    • Check Apple >AboutThisMac >Overview and System Report Graphics and Displays.
    • If all OK , then edit your Config.plist accordingly to make CBM screen Options permanent .

Attachments

• 1.config.plist_Rt Variables_CsrActiveConfig.png
    1.config.plist_Rt Variables_CsrActiveConfig.png
    270.7 KB · Views: 150
  • 2 config.plist_.SMBIOS.png
    2 config.plist_.SMBIOS.png
    259.4 KB · Views: 140
  • 1.System Parameters_SIP.JPG
    1.System Parameters_SIP.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 140
  • 2.System Parameters_System Integrity Protection.JPG
    2.System Parameters_System Integrity Protection.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 143
  • 3.SMBIOS .JPG
    3.SMBIOS .JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 134
  • Since you have all the needed kexts in /kexts/other especially Lilu.kext and WhateverGreen.kext (latest) and edited BIOS _Peripherals _IGFX , I suggest the following changes to your config.plist _Rt Variables_CsrActiveConfig and config.plist_SMBIOS as shown in the edited images.
  • As a test of how it will work, you can try them in your CBM Screen as a temporary edit BEFORE booting from CBM screen >Options_ into the System Disk Desktop.
    • Go to System Parameters and click on the current value of SIP and then in the next screen that pops up, REMOVE the current check marks from their boxes and then place check marks in check boxes 1, 2, 3 6 and 7 as shown in the uploaded images.
    • When you return to the previous screen, you will see the value changed to 0x67 [SIP =DISABLED to allow non-mac kexts to be loaded for Graphics and others]
    • Go to SMBIOS option and change Product Name to iMac 14,2
    • Return to CBM and Boot the System disk
    • Check Apple >AboutThisMac >Overview and System Report Graphics and Displays.
    • If all OK , then edit your Config.plist accordingly to make CBM screen Options permanent .

I tried exactly what you mentioned and still no change. And when I am looking at the boot log, I see Custom boot is disabled. I have attached screen shots.

Even the config.plist have all those changes made why it is not being used when booting?
Boot log does not reflect config.plist changes.

Attachments

• CBM_SIP_067.png
    CBM_SIP_067.png
    201.7 KB · Views: 75
  • Graphics_display.png
    Graphics_display.png
    50.4 KB · Views: 66
  • custom_boot_disable.png
    custom_boot_disable.png
    53.2 KB · Views: 72
  • ig_platform.png
    ig_platform.png
    35.5 KB · Views: 61
  • bootlog.txt
    20.9 KB · Views: 71
  • ig_platform_from_conig.png
    ig_platform_from_conig.png
    40.6 KB · Views: 69
  • config.plist
    6.5 KB · Views: 142
Even the config.plist have all those changes made why it is not being used when booting?
The config.plist that you have uploaded is not the one that you are booting with.

The config.plist that you have uploaded is not the one that you are booting with.

Exactly, I got this from EFI->Clover->config.plist, I edited the same too. Where is my machine picking up the another config.plist?

I tried searching it too. How can I make EFI->Clover->config.plist default to choose from when I boot?

Where is my machine picking up the another config.plist?
You cannot find it right in front of you and you expect me to know ?
There are not many places that it can be.
If you installed in UEFI mode then it is on the EFI partition of your hard drive in /EFI/CLOVER/.
If you installed in Legacy mode then it is in /EFI/CLOVER/ in the root of your system disk.
The only other possibility is that you have left a USB installer in a USB port.

You cannot find it right in front of you and you expect me to know ?
There are not many places that it can be.
If you installed in UEFI mode then it is on the EFI partition of your hard drive in /EFI/CLOVER/.
If you installed in Legacy mode then it is in /EFI/CLOVER/ in the root of your system disk.
The only other possibility is that you have left a USB installer in a USB port.

You are right, I have my USB with Mojave in the system. Not sure if it is picking up from USB itself. Is that even Possible? Now I have ejected and restarting it again. lets see if that works.

I saw new clover boot interface saying happy new year. Since I removed my USB installer, after choosing my Mojave I get following error. Could not go to desktop any more.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 67
You are right, I have my USB with Mojave in the system. Not sure if it is picking up from USB itself. Is that even Possible? Now I have ejected and restarting it again. lets see if that works.
  • In my case, I create a UEFI macOS USB Installer for each of my Systems (for a MoBo/CPU/Graphics/Ethernet/Audio/WiFi I have a custom USB Installer for each OS) and when I finish with that Install , I simply copy and paste its EFI Folder on the EFI Partition of the System Disk just created and reboot into that after entering the BIOS and making the UEFI System Disk as Boot # 1 Device in Boot Option Priorities list and ignoring the UEFI USB Installer disk to enter CBM screen and beyond and eject the USB Installer once I log in back on the System Disk.
  • I don't normally create a USB Installer with Graphics in VESA Mode.

Last edited:
I saw new clover boot interface saying happy new year. Since I removed my USB installer, after choosing my Mojave I get following error. Could not go to desktop any more.
Just reboot . It will boot and go forward the next time, if everything is set OK on that Disk's drivers64UEFI..

• Edited to add : The "Happy New year comes " in CBM screen comes from your "themes" folder of /EFI/CLOVER/themes.
  • When you installed CLOVER on the System disk ( either using standalone CLOVER or may be Multibeast) , this theme was included in the /EFI/CLOVER/themes folder
  • You can edit that and choose whatever other themes you have in that folder through Config.plist> Gui> Themes section and then going to "Themes Editor" menu and "Loading (the chosen) theme" to show how your icons in CBM should appear.

Last edited:
Just reboot . It will boot and go forward the next time, if everything is set OK on that Disk's drivers64UEFI..

I cannot reboot any more, each time I reboot I get that screen. Do I need to reinstall again?

I started getting following image now

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 69
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back