RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
1st: Mojave is working better than High Sierra with my computer. Faster wake up times etc.
Installation was without a problem. Audio worked. USB 3.o was active after applying the necessary port limit patch for 10.14.

2nd: I had a very strange problem, which has costed me mor tah 2 day to fix:
With most files - not matter if .jpg .png or .pdf - made Preview show the beachball: crash.
But not all file. Couldn't find a system behind that. More than 90% of the file produced a crash.

3rd: On my Macnook Pro A1502 Preview is working perfectly - despite the installation is 99.9% the same.

Strange!

1. I tried to delete every preference file that could have to do with preview. Didn't help.
2. I made a new clean install on my computer - no change.
3. I booted a backup clone from an extrenal SSD with 10.13.6 - works!
4. I did some experiments with different Mac types via SMBIOS in Clover. First I just changed the type of the Mac, keeping the board-type, its serial, the Macs serial and SmUUID because I didn't want to risk Facetime with serial changes. Result was: several other types from imac14.2 to imac 18.3 did not help.
5. I tried the same with new numers generated via Clover Configurator: This worked! Strange but fact.
6. I tested this with new numers except System serial number and SmUUID: Worked too!

I found out that Mojave doesn't like my old combination of Board type, ID and serial number.
Don't know why but that is the solution.

Hello,

What exactly I need to do then? Generate new serial number and SMUUID numbers? Thanks.

Hello,

What exactly I need to do then? Generate new serial number and SMUUID numbers? Thanks.
I'm not clear how you generate new numbers without losing your existing iMessage/FaceTime link. Need to just follow P1LGRIM's idiot guide and start all over?

@kiu77 - you mind to create a step-by-step guide on how to fix without losing existing Serial Number for iMessage?

I did never loose a number. The problem is that I kept them all.
The solution was to change all numbers but not the System serial number and the SmUUID.
Use clover editor to have a look at this numbers.
What I did was to make a scrrenshot for storing the old info, select a new Mac type, let clover editor make new numbers at the SMBIOS page, and last type the old System serial number and the old SmUUID and save.

@kiu77 Would you be able to show screenshots of what you did as I can't fully understand your steps.

I'm suffering the same problems you have described but when I looked at my SMBIOS both serial number and SmUUID were blank.

@kiu77 Would you be able to show screenshots of what you did as I can't fully understand your steps.

I'm suffering the same problems you have described but when I looked at my SMBIOS both serial number and SmUUID were blank.
Learn how to use clover editor...

Learn how to use clover editor...
Your response is such a wonderful demonstration of community based support... I understand how to use Clover editor, it was your poor explanation and lack of detail I did not understand. Thankfully, there is now a Kext fix "NoVPAJpeg" for this issue.
Thank you!

You wrote "...serial number and SmUUID were blank" and you don't know how to fix that? Then the answer is: Learn how to use clover editor...

Vega 56 and had the same problem. Wish I saw this thread sooner. Tried a bunch of stuff without luck. Switching from 14,2 to 6,1 and generating new SN/SmUUID fixed it for me.

Same problem, also Vega 56 and thank you for the suggestion! Works great using Multibeast changing the system description

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back