Contribute
Register

[Solved] Mojave on Z390-P and i7-9700k

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was beautiful for about 3 hours running protools 10 and logic pro, until i install final cut and my system crash and wouldn't boot back up, high sierra still running great, i only had hdmi audio working on mojave, it seams like lilu and appleALC kext was causing problems
Kext that gives me audio on high sierra dont work on MJ, so im ganna reinstall after i get some sleep.
I was able to have sound working on Mojave by installing with unibeast 10.14.1 on my 2nd hackintosh and then take off ssd and put it back to my new one. After that I installed appleALC through multibeast and sound was working w/o issues.

I still don't have sound working yet, witch is not a big deal cause ill be using a firewire interface,
Just waiting on the firewire card but system seams to be very stable, but i cant really test it yet.

The 2-minute freeze during a fresh install of Mojave happened to me as well, but I restarted the computer and selected the new Mojave Installation volume (created by the Apple Mojave setup app) from the Clover boot screen and the installation itself finished without any problem.

Auto reboot does not work, but that doesn’t mean you can’t reboot the machine yourself. I am still trying to get the CPU and IGPU to be properly recognized (or Faked to an 8700K), so while the basic installation of Mojave (and the .1 update) went well, it doesn’t mean that the post-install port configuration is done yet.

This is my first Hackintosh and i’m just enjoying the journey at this point, with lots to learn. I’m using the Gigabyte Designare Z390 and i7-9700K, so I’m not expecting quick fixes to my post-installation woes! Instead, I’ve accepted the fact that full install will take several weeks or months as fake or proxy support for these components becomes available.

Saw that you are using the Z390 Designare. Hows the thunderbolt 3 working on that board ? Heavily considering this board for a build that requires TB3 but haven't seen many posts documenting it. Sorry for hijacking this thread a bit but I couldn't send a private message.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Saw that you are using the Z390 Designare. Hows the thunderbolt 3 working on that board ? Heavily considering this board for a build that requires TB3 but haven't seen many posts documenting it. Sorry for hijacking this thread a bit but I couldn't send a private message.

Thanks!
Having just returned from Thanksgiving break, my plan is to configure USB with custom SSDT and then tackle Thunderbolt 3. The only Thunderbolt peripheral I have is Apple's Thunderbolt 2 Ethernet adapter. I'm also waiting for the new AppleALC 1.3.4 kext in order to see if it recognizes the onboard Realtek ALC 1220-VB controller.

My current status:

1. NVMe PCIe x4 drive contains Mojave (10.14.1). Fresh install. No problems with NVMe.
2. Intel Core i7-9700K processor is not recognized by name in "About this Mac", but is recognized as having as 8 cores and 8 threads.
3. Intel UHD 630 iGPU not appearing in "System Report", but it does appear in IORegistryExplorer. I am using an AMD Radeon RX580 for graphics, and it is fully working (including HDMI audio through the RX580).
4. Built-in wired Ethernet is working. The Intel WiFi and Bluetooth Socket 1 card is not recognized (as expected).
5. USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 ports are working, but I still have to test all ports (esp. USB 3.0 ports with both USB 2 and USB 3 devices) and create custom SSDT.
6. Onboard sound (ALC 1220-VB) not recognized, but will try after AppleALC 1.3.4 is released.
7. Have not tested Thunderbolt 3 yet.

This was posted from the Hackintosh-in-Progress.

Update: November 25:
Built a custom SSDT for the USB ports (attached file). Place it into your EFI folder: "Clover --> ACPI --> patched" and reboot. You can disable the "Port Limit Increase" patches in your config.plist (Clover Configurator --> Kernel and Kext Patches --> KextsToPatch) before rebooting. If something fails, re-enable these patches and remove the custom SSDT.
View media item 191233

Attachments

• SSDT-UIAC-DESIGNARE-Z390.aml
    697 bytes · Views: 124
Last edited:
Oh my goodness, the Realtek ALC 1220-VB audio controller on my Designare Z390 motherboard is working now with the Debug version of AppleALC 1.3.4 that you linked above!!!

(I plugged a headphone into the green audio jack on the rear I/O panel and selected "Internal Speakers" from the Sound preferences pane.)

Having just returned from Thanksgiving break, my plan is to configure USB with custom SSDT and then tackle Thunderbolt 3. The only Thunderbolt peripheral I have is Apple's Thunderbolt 2 Ethernet adapter. I'm also waiting for the new AppleALC 1.3.4 kext in order to see if it recognizes the onboard Realtek ALC 1220-VB controller.

My current status:

1. NVMe PCIe x4 drive contains Mojave (10.14.1). Fresh install. No problems with NVMe.
2. Intel Core i7-9700K processor is not recognized by name in "About this Mac", but is recognized as having as 8 cores and 8 threads.
3. Intel UHD 630 iGPU not appearing in "System Report", but it does appear in IORegistryExplorer. I am using an AMD Radeon RX580 for graphics, and it is fully working (including HDMI audio through the RX580).
4. Built-in wired Ethernet is working. The Intel WiFi and Bluetooth Socket 1 card is not recognized (as expected).
5. USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 ports are working, but I still have to test all ports (esp. USB 3.0 ports with both USB 2 and USB 3 devices) and create custom SSDT.
6. Onboard sound (ALC 1220-VB) not recognized, but will try after AppleALC 1.3.4 is released.
7. Have not tested Thunderbolt 3 yet.

This was posted from the Hackintosh-in-Progress.

Update: November 25:
Built a custom SSDT for the USB ports (attached file). Place it into your EFI folder: "Clover --> ACPI --> patched" and reboot. You can disable the "Port Limit Increase" patches in your config.plist (Clover Configurator --> Kernel and Kext Patches --> KextsToPatch) before rebooting. If something fails, re-enable these patches and remove the custom SSDT.
View media item 191233

Thank you so much for the info @CaseySJ . Is there a thread where you are posting your install steps and updates on this build? I'd love to follow along as I'm planning on doing almost the same exact build. The only difference is that I'm deciding between the i9-9900k or i7-8700k. Your "current status" is basically all I need to be up and running with the exception of Thunderbolt!

Thank you so much for the info @CaseySJ . Is there a thread where you are posting your install steps and updates on this build? I'd love to follow along as I'm planning on doing almost the same exact build. The only difference is that I'm deciding between the i9-9900k or i7-8700k. Your "current status" is basically all I need to be up and running with the exception of Thunderbolt!
As you wish!
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/ongoing-status-of-designare-z390-with-i7-9700k.266065/

my brain is fried, i have to wait maybe a month before i try that SSDT stuff again Ha HA HA

audio working with the above fix thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back