HD 620, 3840 × 2160
Mac
  1. MacBook
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
  2. SE
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have been trying to install MacOS Mojave on my Lenovo Yoga 910-13IKB. I'm Having problems at the installer where it gets ~75% complete before just restarting. From the Install Log I have determined that it is having problems Verifying the InstallESD.img. I did successfully install Mojave onto an external hard drive with limited success and occasional shutdowns. I tried to clone that hard drive to the SSD every time I did this it would fail or the system would just restart. the drive is detected and it can be formatted I have been unable to copy large files (exceeding MBs in size) to it without the system crashing, also in the about this mac it says 8GB ram installed and 31MB Vram. Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: I am using the Samsung MZVLB256HAHQ (PM981) 256GB NVMe SSD.

Attachments

• IMG_0068.jpg
    IMG_0068.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 234
  • IMG_0069.jpg
    IMG_0069.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 246
  • IMG_0070.jpg
    IMG_0070.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 228
  • IMG_0071.jpg
    IMG_0071.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 282
  • CLOVER.zip
    4.4 MB · Views: 207
  • IMG_0091.jpg
    IMG_0091.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 218
Last edited:
I have been trying to install MacOS Mojave on my Lenovo Yoga 910-13IKB. I'm Having problems at the installer where it gets ~75% complete before just restarting. From the Install Log I have determined that it is having problems Verifying the InstallESD.img. I did successfully install Mojave onto an external hard drive with limited success and occasional shutdowns. I tried to clone that hard drive to the SSD every time I did this it would fail or the system would just restart. the drive is detected and it can be formatted I have been unable to copy large files (exceeding MBs in size) to it without the system crashing, also in the about this mac it says 8GB ram installed and 31MB Vram. Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: I am using the Samsung MZVLB256HAHQ (PM981) 256GB NVMe SSD.

I've come to the conclusion that I just need a new ssd. I will leave this unsolved just incase my new one has the same problem. I will be getting the WD black 250GB NVMe and will post the results once it arrives and I have time to test it.

Last edited:
I had a stable install of HS on my Nvme however when I tried to upgrade to Mojave it failed every time, I tried cloning a stable install from a regular SSD that didn't work either, I just gave up and went with regular SSD's for now. I know others had issues with Nvme's too but I never searched to see if there was a resolution. Good luck.

I've come to the conclusion that I just need a new ssd. I will leave this unsolved just incase my new one has the same problem. I will be getting the WD black 250GB NVMe and will post the results once it arrives and I have time to test it.

Update: I was able to Mojave installed with the new ssd

Is this on an NVMe?

Just to be sure. It's solved by buying a new ssd right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back