Contribute
Register

[solved] Mojave Laptop HDMI port no signal and reboots upon connecting cable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell Inspiron 5567-Clover
CPU
i7-7500U
Graphics
HD 620, 1980*1024
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi,

I have followed the guides are: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...idge-kaby-lake-and-likely-later.189495/unread

The laptop is using @RehabMan plist files, Realtek 8101 and ps/2 kext for touchpad and keyboard. it is also using VooDooHDA V2.90 for sound codec.

However when connecting the HDMI cable, it immediately reboots, I only need HDMI video, no sound is required, but I am prepared to do what it takes to make the whole thing work.
I have collected the problem reporting files and I hope to be able to fix this as it is 1 out of 2 issues that I need before being able to use it in everyday life.

Specs are attached in the profile and although I gather I must be missing many little details here and there, I've tried to follow the guides as close as possible and the laptop does work connected to ethernet really smooth.

best regards,

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    3.6 MB · Views: 102
Got it, by using Hackintool and selecting the proper values for CPU and igpu I was able to find out the port number on my HDMI setup, so I uncommented the proper set of values on Xcode for @RehabMan plist file, restarted and got HDMI working without problems, I don't yet know if audio works with my VooDooHDA fix but I wll try later and let you know of the results, cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back