Contribute
Register

[Solved] Mojave installer expired (BIOS and system clocks are different)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
X99-UD5 WIFI
CPU
i7-5930K
Graphics
1080Ti
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Similar to this post https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-the-installer-resources-have-expired.249020/

My problem is that when I try to install Mojave and restart the installer craps out with the expired message.

When I look at my Mac time and my BIOS time they are different. If i change the time in the BIOS to match what my mac is , it doesn't seem to work or stick correctly?

If i try to use CLOVER U64Shell, my "apple" keyboard cannot type the : colon key, making the update time command impossible from the clover shell.

Is there a way I can get this Mojave to install without going expired? Can i set my Mac clock and then reboot? I've had problems in windows when you boot from mac to PC the clocks are different. ( think I used a Registry trick to fix PC).

any ideas on getting Mojave to install? Thanks!

not sure that helps me??? I am on High Sierra. I am trying to install Mojave. When I get to the installer, its expired. When I look in my BIOS my time is like 5 hours different than my mac. I try to change my BIOS and it just changes my mac, so whatever I make my BIOS, my mac always goes further ahead. If i Set my bios 5 hours back, my mac goes 5 hours back from current but never matches my BIOS.

So when I try to install I get installer Expired. I never make it to Mojave to deal with system time, I am stuck in the installer in a loop of expired.

not sure that helps me??? I am on High Sierra. I am trying to install Mojave. When I get to the installer, its expired. When I look in my BIOS my time is like 5 hours different than my mac. I try to change my BIOS and it just changes my mac, so whatever I make my BIOS, my mac always goes further ahead. If i Set my bios 5 hours back, my mac goes 5 hours back from current but never matches my BIOS.

So when I try to install I get installer Expired. I never make it to Mojave to deal with system time, I am stuck in the installer in a loop of expired.
Do you have a Windows or Linux system also in this Computer?

yes sir. part of the problem. not sure how to address it. before Mojave, just in general, my windows and mac clocks never have matched. you boot in 1 reboot in the other and the times are borked. I fixed it on the windows side with a Registry fix but I am trying to not boot into windows while I work on this Mojavave installation issue.

I can boot to BIOS and set my clock but my mac clock is off, etc. Not sure how to get the right steps to get this working (all other system installs and updates have had no issues with the time). Also can't format and start fresh because this is a upgrade from High Sierra.

All i've been doing is messing with clocks, then constantly re-running the Upgrade to Mojave app (5 gigs) from apple store but can't get it to go past the expired window.

Maybe I need to delete the installer? or the temp partition it makes? or set the date and update? then reboot and set the date? basically just rebooting over and over changing clocks and going nowhere fast.

yes sir. part of the problem. not sure how to address it. before Mojave, just in general, my windows and mac clocks never have matched. you boot in 1 reboot in the other and the times are borked. I fixed it on the windows side with a Registry fix but I am trying to not boot into windows while I work on this Mojavave installation issue.

I can boot to BIOS and set my clock but my mac clock is off, etc. Not sure how to get the right steps to get this working (all other system installs and updates have had no issues with the time). Also can't format and start fresh because this is a upgrade from High Sierra.

All i've been doing is messing with clocks, then constantly re-running the Upgrade to Mojave app (5 gigs) from apple store but can't get it to go past the expired window.

Maybe I need to delete the installer? or the temp partition it makes? or set the date and update? then reboot and set the date? basically just rebooting over and over changing clocks and going nowhere fast.
Yeah, windows can cause the 5 hour Time lag issue and your Regedit Fix is the approach most of us with Multi-boot with this problem do.
Are you having dual boot from Single Disk (2 partitions : 1Hack 2Windows 10) or dual boot from 2 separate Disks now?
  • If you have dual disk dual boot, Disconnect Windows from the MoBo.
  • Load Optimized Default BIOS
  • Reset BIOS Clock (Year/Month/Date/Time to current) and all required options for Hackintosh.
  • Make Hackintosh USB Installer disk # 1 in Boot Sequence and if there are any other devices ( should not be as you should disconnect them from MoBo) Disable making only USB Installer as ENABLED in Boot Option Priorities list.
  • Boot in verbose Mode with that and see if you can install successfully.
  • Upload screen shots of any problem screens to the Forum.

Didn't even get to your other steps. Started with the first step, removed ALL drives from my mac and left just my SSD for mac and its installing with just 1 reboot, didn't even touch the clocks or mess with anything, so some other drive was making the installer not use the correct clocks. Looking good so far. Thanks for your help

Didn't even get to your other steps. Started with the first step, removed ALL drives from my mac and left just my SSD for mac and its installing with just 1 reboot, didn't even touch the clocks or mess with anything, so some other drive was making the installer not use the correct clocks. Looking good so far. Thanks for your help
Thank you for your feed back.
Good luck.:thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back