Contribute
Register

[Solved] Mojave installation stuck at 2 minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait it didn't work :(
It reboots every time I go to that screen. It never finishes part 2 of the installation.
Could it be a hardware problem with my NVMe?
I have a working hackintosh, can use that to install Mojave and then move the NVMe drive to the new hackintosh?

Wait it didn't work :(
It reboots every time I go to that screen. It never finishes part 2 of the installation.
Could it be a hardware problem with my NVMe?
I have a working hackintosh, can use that to install Mojave and then move the NVMe drive to the new hackintosh?

1. You replaced AptioMemoryFix.efi with OsxAptioFixDrv3-64.efi right? But did you tried OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi driver also? Remember use one driver only each time, means if you use OsxAptioFixDrv3-64.efi then you can't use OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi at the same time and vice versa.

2. Also did you set XMP Profile in your bios yet?

3. If nothing works then please use Unibeast 9.1 to make bootable USB drive and start fresh installation.

Hi Poles,

Thank you for your responses. I actually tried that and nothing worked. However after so much troubleshooting, I found that it's a hardware problem with my NVMe drive. I used an old HDD that I have and everything works without a single problem. So I am replacing my NVMe drive and will try again :)

Installation stops for 2 minutes. Call the console! It helped me 7 and 9 post:

Hi,

I'm trying to install mojave in lenovo ideapad 320 but installation stops at 2 minutes from end with the message:

An Error Occurred Validating the installer data. The download is either damaged or incomplete. Redownload the installer and try again

I've tried many variants of clover efi, but I arrive everytime at the same point.
What can I do?

n.b. in that laptop wifi and ethernet is not functioning, so the installation is without internet. In installation log there is that sentence:

failed to download package from linkfile:///Volumes/Image Volume/Install macOS Mojave.app/Contents/SharedSupport/InstallESD.dmg and no alternate source.

What is meaning?

Thank you all for any help

p.s. I've tried all the hints of this thread...

Last edited:
All good - I had to do all of the above to get past my issue!

Used APFS instead of HFS+J
Added EmuVariableUefi-64.efi in /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI
Replaced AptioMemoryFix.efi with OsxAptioFixDrv3-64.efi in /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI
And then I had to keep manually rebooting every time the install froze - and picking the drive I was install Mojave on - within the Clover boot options.

Dude thank you so much. <3

Can confirm this worked for me. I also had to pick the drive a couple times during the installation as it kept restarting.

Try to restart manually.

Also you can add EmuVariableUefi-64.efi in /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI after creating bootable USB drive using unibeast. The solution is described here.

After that (second reboot) you may stuck another "13 mins to remaining" screen. Which can be solved by replacing AptioMemoryFix.efi with OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi or OsxAptioFixDrv3-64.efi in /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI. Use one driver only each time. Link

Thank you for your solution!

I was installing Mojave to a "ASUS Z390M PRO TUF GAMING" + "9400F" + "Sapphire 580" setup, and faced the 2min + 13min problem. First the installer would not restart itself and gets stuck at 2 minutes. When I force restart and boot the installer partition it would stuck itself again at 13 minutes.

By adding EmuVariableUefi and also OsxAptioFix3Drv, both the "not restarting" and "getting stuck" issues would get resolved. Installer would finish and I got a working Mojave!

Hi Poles,

Thank you for your responses. I actually tried that and nothing worked. However after so much troubleshooting, I found that it's a hardware problem with my NVMe drive. I used an old HDD that I have and everything works without a single problem. So I am replacing my NVMe drive and will try again :)

Can I know what NVME drive you were using?

Try to restart manually.

Also you can add EmuVariableUefi-64.efi in /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI after creating bootable USB drive using unibeast. The solution is described here.

After that (second reboot) you may stuck another "13 mins to remaining" screen. Which can be solved by replacing AptioMemoryFix.efi with OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi or OsxAptioFixDrv3-64.efi in /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI. Use one driver only each time. Link

THANK YOU Poles!!! This was exactly my problem on our third build, and your suggestions worked like a charm. I had the 2 mins stick and the second stick, which was 18 minutes for me, but your solution was perfect and I really appreciate the "layman's terms" explanation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back