Contribute
Register

[Solved] Mojave installation stuck at 13 mins to remaining screen on ASUS PRIME H370-Plus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z690 UD AX
CPU
i5-12400F
Graphics
Readon RX 6600
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
System:

Motherboard : ASUS PRIME H370-Plus
CPU : Intel i3 8100
RAM : Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB
Power supply : Coolermaster MWE BRONZE 450

Today I tried to install Mojave 10.14.1 on my new system. I used Unibeast 9.0 to make a bootable USB. I also followed recommended BIOS Settings on this site. Also I had to make some changes on installation USB.
  1. USBInjectAll.kext and place it in /EFI/Clover/kexts/Other
  2. Download OS-X-USB-Inject-All folder & unzip OS-X-USB-Inject-All & copy appropriate injector kext into /EFI/Clover/kexts/Other which is XHCI-unsupported.kext
I got this information from this as I got ASUS Prime H370-PLUS motherboard. Now on the first installation its freezes at 2 mins to remaining screen but as this post suggests not to panic.

It "may" freeze with two minutes to remaining, this is due to the inability of the system to restart. Let it finish, then power off the system manually and then restart.

So I manually restarted and boot off of the USB to get a clover boot loader and selected macOS drive, after sometime the 2nd installation screen showed up with "About 13 minutes remaining" and its doesn't progress at all. I tried to boot mutiple times with other USB 2.0 port but got the same result.

What I'm missing?

Solved it by using OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi in place of AptioMemoryFix.efi which I found on this thread.

Installation was successful and post installation was done by Multibeast 11.

But seems like I can't boot with System Definition 14,2 along with IntelGFX 0x3E928086 & ig-platform-id 0x3E9B0007. Clearly graphics problem...right? Any suggestions?

Solved it by using OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi in place of AptioMemoryFix.efi which I found on this thread.

Installation was successful and post installation was done by Multibeast 11.

But seems like I can't boot with System Definition 14,2 along with IntelGFX 0x3E928086 & ig-platform-id 0x3E9B0007. Clearly graphics problem...right? Any suggestions?

I am using smbios 18,3. also with osxaptio and emuvar with rc scripts (select at clover install) to emulate nvram because it is not native available.
I use a rx580 with the intel iGPU enabled in bios for h264 encoding. PCIE as primary.

In your case, my suggestion is that you remove the platformid and the intelgfx numbers and try to boot with whatevergreen and lilu installed in efi/clover/kexts/other. be sure to make a backup of your efi folder. or make a usb clover bootdrive so you can test different settings.

Use IntelMausiEthernet kext for your Ethernet and AppleALC (and lilu) kext for sound.

UsbInjectall.kext for USB3. It should do the job, i got the same mainboard ;)
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-creating-a-custom-ssdt-for-usbinjectall-kext.211311/

Last edited:
Thanks.

I tried platformid & intelgfx blank along with 14,2 system definition but no luck. Even I tried with 18,3 definition.

have you got lilu and whatevergreen installed ?.

Yes. Both in S/L and efi/clover/kexts/other.

You said you have the same mainboard but my board is H370-Plus...unfortunately not H370M-Plus :banghead: :crazy:

Yes. Both in S/L and efi/clover/kexts/other.

You said you have the same mainboard but my board is H370-Plus...unfortunately not H370M-Plus :banghead: :crazy:

That is right, that is a small difference. can you share your efi folder so i can review it ?. maybe i could help.
You should not install them in S/L. Only in efi/clover/kexts/other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back