i7-6700K
Graphics
GTX 1080
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi guys,

I've installed Mojave successfully but I think I messed up my MultiBeast config. I've posted a photo with my choices based on a few topics on this forum which I thought applied. After the MultiBeast Build and Install I restarted the PC however now I can't see the Mojave installation in clover. From doing some research I think I should have selected some APFS option in MultiBeast. Is there anything I can do now or do I need to go through the entire process again? :(

Attachments

• IMG_0836.jpg
    IMG_0836.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 209
Hi guys,

I've installed Mojave successfully but I think I messed up my MultiBeast config. I've posted a photo with my choices based on a few topics on this forum which I thought applied. After the MultiBeast Build and Install I restarted the PC however now I can't see the Mojave installation in clover. From doing some research I think I should have selected some APFS option in MultiBeast. Is there anything I can do now or do I need to go through the entire process again? :(

********** edditing picture - will reattach
re boot with your usb installer and choose to boot from your macos on your hard drive, then add in your apfs stuff to your efi on your hard drive

re boot with your usb installer and choose to boot from your macos on your hard drive, then add in your apfs stuff to your efi on your hard drive
Thanks! Now I am in MultiBeast again. I will try to research what APFS option I need to enable. If anyone has any points I will be grateful.

In the Quick Start tab of MultiBeast I selected UEFI Boot Mode - and it's description mentions the ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi being installed. I can't find any other APFS mentions through the others tabs...

Last edited:
Thanks! Now I am in MultiBeast again. I will try to research what APFS option I need to enable. If anyone has any points I will be grateful.

In the Quick Start tab of MultiBeast I selected UEFI Boot Mode - and it's description mentions the ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi being installed. I can't find any other APFS mentions through the others tabs...
if you can boot using your usb installer....

mount efi from usb, copy efi to desktop

unmount and remove usb

mount efi on hard drive

delete efi folder from efi partition

move efi from desktop to efi partition

if you can boot using your usb installer....

mount efi from usb, copy efi to desktop

unmount and remove usb

mount efi on hard drive

delete efi folder from efi partition

move efi from desktop to efi partition

It works! Thank you so much!! :)

One more question, at one point in my desperate attempts I've started the install from the USB again. And as you can see in the attachment it has created one (or more) partitions. Anyone knows which one they are and how to remove them so I can automatically boot in Mojave now?

Thanks!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2018-11-04 at 21.50.17.png
    Screenshot 2018-11-04 at 21.50.17.png
    20.9 KB · Views: 75
the partition layout looks fine to me.

This is mine . :) upload_2018-11-5_16-21-26.png
and i have two installations.

If you don't want to boot using USB , just install the Clover onto your OSX local disk you should be good to go. Make sure you copy across all the necessary kext/config/etc... to your local disk.

Got it! Thanks for confirming @jk2309!
Next step is to install Windows 10 on another SSD now so I can game on my Vive - yey :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back