HD4600 (Intel integrated)
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello

I just upgraded from El Capitan to Mojave. Everything went very well and I am very impressed as audio, ethernet and intel graphics were OK without tweaking right after multibeast.

Nevertheless I have a dual screen setup and, of course, this is not working... On another hackintosh with Sierra I could unplug one of the monitors, boot the switch the monitor on. Not a perfect solution but this worked. Now I tryed this with Mojave but to no avail

I tryed to add Whatevergreen using multibeast but this does not change anything. If I boot with my two monitors on, one of them will keep displaying the apple loading logo while the other screen will work OK

There is probably a conflict in my config.plist as I already had one from my ElCapitan setup. The whatevergreen first post is probably a little bit too technical and I fear breaking everything. I know how to use a text editor and installed clover configurator (this one is a little bit messy maybe)

So if someone with a similar setup (dual screen with intel graphics, even if not HD4600!) could post his config.plist I could compare and patch mine or provide a link to a "simpler" step by step tutorial

Thanks

Hello

I just upgraded from El Capitan to Mojave. Everything went very well and I am very impressed as audio, ethernet and intel graphics were OK without tweaking right after multibeast.

Nevertheless I have a dual screen setup and, of course, this is not working... On another hackintosh with Sierra I could unplug one of the monitors, boot the switch the monitor on. Not a perfect solution but this worked. Now I tryed this with Mojave but to no avail

I tryed to add Whatevergreen using multibeast but this does not change anything. If I boot with my two monitors on, one of them will keep displaying the apple loading logo while the other screen will work OK

There is probably a conflict in my config.plist as I already had one from my ElCapitan setup. The whatevergreen first post is probably a little bit too technical and I fear breaking everything. I know how to use a text editor and installed clover configurator (this one is a little bit messy maybe)

So if someone with a similar setup (dual screen with intel graphics, even if not HD4600!) could post his config.plist I could compare and patch mine or provide a link to a "simpler" step by step tutorial

Thanks
No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Here are the debug files... I tryed a few things following "Intel framebuffer" post but dual screen is still not working on my setup

Attachments

• debug_6748.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 344
Here are the debug files... I tryed a few things following "Intel framebuffer" post but dual screen is still not working on my setup

Typically, ig-platform-id is set to 0x0d220003 for HD4600. You have 0x04160000.
You might try 0x0d220003.

It's finally another post (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/intel-hd-2500-igpu-working-mojave.261694/) that gave me the solution. I changed my SMBIOS to iMac 14,3 using CloverConfigurator. iMac14,3 has a very similar CPU (I7-4770S vs i7-4790K for my hackintosh) so I took the chance and voilà! Dual monitors with ig-platform-id 0d220003

Yeah, iMac15,1 is a bit of a strange choice since they are not IGPU (they are AMD Radeon).
But then again, so is iMac14,3 (both are Nvidia).

Maybe iMac14,1 would be a better choice, since it is Intel IGPU.

It's finally another post (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/intel-hd-2500-igpu-working-mojave.261694/) that gave me the solution. I changed my SMBIOS to iMac 14,3 using CloverConfigurator. iMac14,3 has a very similar CPU (I7-4770S vs i7-4790K for my hackintosh) so I took the chance and voilà! Dual monitors with ig-platform-id 0d220003

Could you share your config.plist and kext folder. After guide by link i received something like this:
IMG_1020.jpg

Maybe I missed something...

Yeah, iMac15,1 is a bit of a strange choice since they are not IGPU (they are AMD Radeon).
But then again, so is iMac14,3 (both are Nvidia).

Maybe iMac14,1 would be a better choice, since it is Intel IGPU.
How about my case? I have 15,1 right now. My dual monitors setup was working fine in el capitan. Once I upgraded to sierra and now high sierra, I can't get the second monitor to work. Should I change to 14,3? Or what would be the best option for me? Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back