Contribute
Register

[Solved] Mojave boot problem with UniBeast created Mojave USB drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is happening third and more times. I didn't mention before but I am trying to to install mojave into a nvme ssd. Can this be a problem? Should I Change SAT0 to SATA" patch in ACPI section of config.plist for the nvme ssd too?

It is happening third and more times. I didn't mention before but I am trying to to install mojave into a nvme ssd. Can this be a problem? Should I Change SAT0 to SATA" patch in ACPI section of config.plist for the nvme ssd too?
NVMe (PCIe) SSDs do not technically require the SAT0-to-SATA patch. It can (and should) be added at some point.

Another possible cause for your problem might be the use of AptioMemoryFix in the CLOVER/driversUefi64 folder. Have you tried replacing it with:
  • OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000 and setting slide=0 in Boot arguments?
  • OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000 without setting slide=0 in Boot arguments?
This is available from bullet #3 here:
https://nickwoodhams.com/x99-hackintosh-osxaptiofixdrv-allocaterelocblock-error-update/

Have you tried re-creating the disk by running UniBeast again? Reason: possible corruption of 6GB mojave image.

You mentioned the SanDisk SD card above. Have you tried a plain and simple USB flash memory stick?

If this also fails, please compress and upload the EFI folder from your USB install disk.

CaseySJ!
You are awesome! OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000 with settings slide=0 helped the installation went on, and I could finished the whole process. Now I am starting the post installation fine tuning.
Thanks again!

it sound great good news for me..
mine is too.
0D8E189E-C8E7-4897-9FF8-9BE0C06ECF03.jpeg
80A8A077-C9D3-4E7B-AA5C-E6E8268DA3F4.jpeg

i will try later use your’s tips..thanks..report later

Success!!! Work
IMG_9336.JPG

Last edited:
NVMe (PCIe) SSDs do not technically require the SAT0-to-SATA patch. It can (and should) be added at some point.

Another possible cause for your problem might be the use of AptioMemoryFix in the CLOVER/driversUefi64 folder. Have you tried replacing it with:
  • OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000 and setting slide=0 in Boot arguments?
  • OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000 without setting slide=0 in Boot arguments?
This is available from bullet #3 here:
https://nickwoodhams.com/x99-hackintosh-osxaptiofixdrv-allocaterelocblock-error-update/

Have you tried re-creating the disk by running UniBeast again? Reason: possible corruption of 6GB mojave image.

You mentioned the SanDisk SD card above. Have you tried a plain and simple USB flash memory stick?

If this also fails, please compress and upload the EFI folder from your USB install disk.

Great one by @CaseySJ
I am using a recent Gigabyte Z390UD + i5-8400 + UHD630.
EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY happen many times, until I change according to your suggestion and it works.

That EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY error is perfectly okay in most cases. When this occurs, reboot, press F12 to select USB boot drive, and at the Clover boot screen, select "Boot macOS Install from Mojave" to continue. This EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY will happen 2 times:
  • Near the end of Stage 1 with "2 minutes remaining"
  • After about 1 minute into Stage 2.
But if it happens a third or fourth time, something is not right. You should also include the "Change SAT0 to SATA" patch in ACPI section of config.plist (Clover Configurator can do this).
Thanks so much for this info ! it finally help me to install Catalina on a Asus K756U laptop. Now it's time to fine tune it ;-)

THANKS !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back