Motherboard
GA-Z87X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4770K
Graphics
GTX 770
Mobile Phone
Android
I've had this issue after trying to update my desktop to High Sierra where the OS works for a few reboots then it get's in a boot loop ending with "Attempting system restart" in -v.

Today I updated to Mojave and everything was working great. I could reboot with no issues using the boot loader installed with multibeast on my SSD.

The problem occurred again right after booting into Windows 10 (on another SSD) and the restarting. Now It's stuck in a boot loop. I'm wondering if Windows had anything to do with it.

Here is the ending output from adding "-v" and "debug0x100" while booting into Mojave (also attached below):

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gNkiN6S0-09YfNXzGb-OmgWjJJIhRbYw/view?usp=sharing

I can't film the full output right now for Mojave but since this seems to be caused by the same issue I'll link the High Sierra -v boot loop video I previously filmed:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ATGdmPAW3eVb9rInfsTHoHFw8t5bN_gr

I'm using the same build on my profile and have the same bios configuration as in the guide:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/success-squadsevens-build-i7-4770k-ga-z87x-ud3h-16gb-ram-gtx-780-3gb.109540/

Any guidance would be appreciated.

EDIT: I've attached more screenshots and my EFI folder in updates below.

Attachments

Last edited:
Motherboard
GA-Z87X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4770K
Graphics
GTX 770
Mobile Phone
Android
Update

Today I tried removing my 770 and booting with internal graphics and messed around with the DVMT bios option and several clover flags but the issue is the same.

Here is the photo from booting with HDMI and internal graphics using intel inject and -v debug=0x100 in clover:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FKQHJWL_U9CfQK_fKag4vPkXc9acVsnv/view?usp=sharing

It's also attached to this reply.

EDIT: I've also tried enabling/disabling secure boot and setting "OS Type" to "Windows 8" instead of "Other OS" and no success so far. Note these changes were tested while my 770 is installed. I've reverted back to the BIOS settings I've followed in the link on the first post.

Attachments

Last edited:
Motherboard
GA-Z87X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4770K
Graphics
GTX 770
Mobile Phone
Android
Update

After installing Mojave and switching between macOS and Windows 10 when booting several times I'm sure that Windows isn't causing the problem. It seems as if I only get in an irreversible boot loop after X amount of restarts.

After another fresh install with unibeast I used multibeast then rebooted. Then I blacklisted Preboot in Clover Configurator, installed Chrome (turned on sync which installed extensions) and Discord and then my keyboard stopped working. I restarted and now I'm in the boot loop again.

I booted into recovery and deleted Chrome and Discord from my Mojave volume's Applications folder. The issue still occurs afterwards.

I've taken some photos of the terminal in recovery mode:

20181130_214852.jpg 20181130_215358.jpg

Almost positive everything is looking ok there.

I don't believe my EFI partition or config.plist has any issues but here it is:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1FuBeGviZeLepYA8mdPHGoKrqlUm8gxoo

Would really appreciate some help right now.

Motherboard
GA-Z87X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4770K
Graphics
GTX 770
Mobile Phone
Android
Solved

After reinstalling Mojave and installing applications while rebooting 7-10 times in several different ways I noticed that it I got into the boot loop again the 2nd reboot after installing clover and kexts with multibeast. I thought that it must have something to do with that.

Tried removing the kexts from /Library/Extensions that were installed according to the multibeast PDF. No luck with that.

I reinstalled Mojave once more with my unibeast made installer and chose the Mojave partition instead of the entire disk it was on so it wouldn't remove/mess with the EFI partition previously made. After that I mounted my USB & Mojave SSD EFI partitions by seeing their disk labels with Clover Configurator and using "sudo diskutil mount disk#s#" in the terminal. Then I copied my EFI folder from my USB installer to the EFI partition on my Mojave SSD drive, deleted the kexts in EFI/Clover/Kexts (location?) and manually moved in the kexts I thought I needed.

Now after rebooting and choosing to boot from my Mojave SSD I had the same boot issue again and was sure it was a simple kext issue. I booted back into the Mojave SSD with clover on my USB installer, coppied the kexts in the USB EFI to the Mojave SSD EFI while leaving the others in there as well and I haven't experienced the issue since.

I'm not exactly sure why I've never needed to do this in any version before High Sierra and Mojave but it's definitely caused me some headaches. Also not sure why I couldn't boot from my USB installer after removing kexts in /L/E installed by multibeast.

I hope this solution will help others with the same problem.

Last edited:

Ice

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4770K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Classic Mac
PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi BillApp.

Thanks for posting your solution. I see myself confronted with pretty much exactly the same problem.
Since I have the same mobo and cpu I have to assume that the underlying cause must be the same.
What seems to be different for me though is that once the boot loop starts, I cannot even get my system to start up using the USB installer thumbdrive. The only way I can still access the system is booting into recovery.
If I understand your post correctly all you did in the end was copy the kexts from to USB installer to the EFI partition on your SSD, right?
I don't see how this could fix things when booting still fails using the USB drive, but I am willing to try anything.
It's a bit frustrating to see the installation of Mojave go so well and the system running seemingly flawless and then just with just one reboot turn it into a brick.
Can you please tell me again what exactly you copied to the EFI partition?
Thanks in advance and please don't hesitate to let me know if I need to post some logs. So far all I see looks identical to the screenshots you already posted.
I really appreciate any kind of input, advice, suggestions.

Cheers,
Ice

Motherboard
GA-Z87X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4770K
Graphics
GTX 770
Mobile Phone
Android
Hi BillApp.

Thanks for posting your solution. I see myself confronted with pretty much exactly the same problem.
Since I have the same mobo and cpu I have to assume that the underlying cause must be the same.
What seems to be different for me though is that once the boot loop starts, I cannot even get my system to start up using the USB installer thumbdrive. The only way I can still access the system is booting into recovery.
If I understand your post correctly all you did in the end was copy the kexts from to USB installer to the EFI partition on your SSD, right?
I don't see how this could fix things when booting still fails using the USB drive, but I am willing to try anything.
It's a bit frustrating to see the installation of Mojave go so well and the system running seemingly flawless and then just with just one reboot turn it into a brick.
Can you please tell me again what exactly you copied to the EFI partition?
Thanks in advance and please don't hesitate to let me know if I need to post some logs. So far all I see looks identical to the screenshots you already posted.
I really appreciate any kind of input, advice, suggestions.

Cheers,
Ice
What fixed it basically was reinstalling Mojave, downloading the kexts I would have installed with multibeast online and moving them into EFI/Clover/Kexts/Other (If that's the correct path by memory) along with the kexts included in the USB installer's kexts/other folder. So not using multibeast fixed it for some reason because even booting with the USB didn't work after installing multibeast kexts (not sure why).

I didn't have to manually make the EFI partition because multibeast already did on a previous install but otherwise you could do a unibeast install, lookup how to make the efi boot partition for a hackintosh manually (not hard) and then install the kexts you need + copy over unibeast efi kexts over like I did.

Might be a good idea to get an apfs driver on windows (if installed) installed so you can change kexts on your mac drive if something goes wrong.

It's early so get back with me if anything was unclear.

Ice

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4770K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Classic Mac
PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi BillApp,

thx for your reply. I was able to fix the issue on my side now, too.
After reinstalling numerous times I found out that the Intel driver 3.3.6 was causing the system to crash/panic.
The boot loop was caused by a corrupted file system after a couple of crashes.
Now my system has been running very smoothly for a while and I am really happy with it.

Cheers,
Ice

Motherboard
OSX Mountain Lion 10.8.2
CPU
intel i5 2500k
Graphics
INTEL HD 3000
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Thank you, it really this problem, after I trying several times to make NIC TRUNK, all intel NIC Drivers will cause freeze.

even take system drive to another Mac to reinstall multibeast.

3.3.6 really has problem.
Reinstall multibeast will solve, but after several times reboot, it happens again.

Now I’m looking Broadcom 2 or 4 port NIC.

On my another PC H77N Wifi, Realtek NIC two ports, using trunk(teaming) is perfect running.

(H77N wifi only one pcie)

Hi BillApp,

thx for your reply. I was able to fix the issue on my side now, too.
After reinstalling numerous times I found out that the Intel driver 3.3.6 was causing the system to crash/panic.
The boot loop was caused by a corrupted file system after a couple of crashes.
Now my system has been running very smoothly for a while and I am really happy with it.

Cheers,
Ice

Motherboard
Alienware m17x
CPU
I7
hello guys i hv same problem:geek: but i am beginner at this and i don't get what u say, u mind :D(if u hv time) if i could have a step by step walkthrough. I am using High Sierra and running a Alienware m17x but for unibeast and making all that stuff i am using a 2011 MacBook Pro.:beachball: