Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi

I have updated my hackintosh to the latest Mojave yesterday and since then I am trying to make audio working. I've made it work only thru HDMI.

Using DPCIManager I identified the follow:

Audio Device
0x8086A170
0x1002AAf0

Sub Device
0x1458A0B2
0X1DA2AAF0

CODEC ID
0X10EC0900
CODEC NAME REALTEK ALC 1150

Motherboard GA-Z170X- Gaming 5
Video Card Sapphire Pulse RX 580

Thanks for your help.

Hello Jay

Thanks a lot for your fast response. I followed your instructions and started from a disk backup without any previous configuration. Updated Clover (only) using Multibeast and reboot. Then I downloaded both Lilu.kext and AppleAlc.kext and placed them onto my Desktop area, including KextBeast. I ran KextBeast and chose to install the kexts to /Library/Extensions and I reboot. I thought I shouldn't go beyond the point where is said about Installation.

I have my fingers crossed and went to System Preferences, Audio. Hummm... bad news. The only device I could see was the HDMI (my LG HDMI monitor) so back to square one. I have audio but only thru my monitor speakers. I wish to use my 5:1 audio device, including a subwoofer.

Any ideas? Thanks again.
CSAT

Hello Jay
@jaymonkey

All issues have been fixed and I got Audio/Sound working out. It was missing the layout "1" to /devices/audio/inject/layout from the config.plist.

Thanks for the tutorial.

CSAT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back