Contribute
Register

[Solved] Mojave 10.14.1 shutdown problem (h370)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Post-Installation METHOD-1 described in my build guide should apply in large part to your system. The MultiBeast section provides a screenshot-by-screenshot walkthrough. But a few additional changes are needed after MultiBeast (but before rebooting). These are also illustrated screenshot-by-screenshot.

Note that USB ports on your motherboard are arranged differently, both in type and quantity, so the Custom USB SSDT in my build guide might not apply. You can omit that for the time being and eventually build your own by following the guide here. You can in fact omit all 4 of the custom SSDTs, thus leaving your EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder empty for now.

If you still run into any problems, just compress and upload your entire EFI folder.

Thanks Buddy!!! Your build guide helped me to solve the shutdown issue and others.

All USB's are working properly without doing anything by default. But my audio ports are not working except HDMI. Getting sounds through Monitor only.

Thanks Buddy!!! Your build guide helped me to solve the shutdown issue and others.

All USB's are working properly without doing anything by default. But my audio ports are not working except HDMI. Getting sounds through Monitor only.
Awesome!!

As for audio, your board uses the same Realtek ALC1220-VB so try downloading the latest AppleALC 1.3.4 from here:
https://github.com/acidanthera/AppleALC/releases

Choose the file 1.3.4.RELEASE.zip and copy the AppleALC kext to EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other. If you have an AppleALC kernel extension in /Library/Extensions, delete that and run "Kext Utility" to rebuild kernel caches. Then reboot and check "Preferences --> Sound".

Awesome!!

As for audio, your board uses the same Realtek ALC1220-VB so try downloading the latest AppleALC 1.3.4 from here:
https://github.com/acidanthera/AppleALC/releases

Choose the file 1.3.4.RELEASE.zip and copy the AppleALC kext to EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other. If you have an AppleALC kernel extension in /Library/Extensions, delete that and run "Kext Utility" to rebuild kernel caches. Then reboot and check "Preferences --> Sound".

Thanks Buddy. Now sound is working fine. is there any additional configuration needed for my 4K monitor?? By default its working with 1920x1080 resolution.

Thanks Buddy. Now sound is working fine. is there any additional configuration needed for my 4K monitor?? By default its working with 1920x1080 resolution.
The RX 570 is natively supported by 10.14.x, with 10.14.2 providing some improvements to AMD drivers. No additional configuration is needed, but if you're using HDMI, some people have reported problems with certain cables. Try using a different HDMI cable. For 4K at 60Hz, you should use an HDMI 2.0 cable.

You can also press OPTION key while clicking "Scaled" as shown in screenshot below to see all supported resolutions.

Attachments

• Display_Options.png
    Display_Options.png
    90.6 KB · Views: 188
Thank you...that FINALLY fixed Shutdown and Reboot for me!! The key is to enable "slide=0". EmuVariableUEFI-64 without slide=0 leads to catastrophe on my motherboard. This needs to get pinned somewhere.
Hi there,
I thought this was the solution I was looking for, but not yet. I just installed the Fenvi FV-T919 Bluetoth & WiFi card in order to get Continuity and Handoff working in my Hackintosh. That works as expected! I was previously using the recommended TP-Link Archer T9E WiFi card, which worked great but without Continuity and Handoff.

Long story short, My Hackintosh won't sleep anymore, and restarts itself immediately after a shutdown. Following this thread, I added the EmuVariableUEFI-64 driver and set the slide=0 bootflag in config.plist. That changed nothing at all, sadly.
I then installed the latest Clover build (4586) from SourceForge. It stills reboots itself after a shutdown, and also reboots itself when I manually put it to sleep. Not so good…
I then unchecked the slide=0 flag, without any change in behaviour. Does anybody have an idea of what I'm missing?

add EmuVariable-Uefi-64.efi to the EFI/EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI folder and add slide=0 to bootflag, nothing else need to change in bios and ssdt thingy, the third times I answer for the 300 series MB with shutdown to reboot problem as I remember ...
thank u man your replied also was my solution for shutdown problem :)

This helped me, thank you very much. Especially this OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000 and with DISABLED slide=0, with enabled it did not load.
So I copied EmuVariableUefi-64.efi with Clover Configurator without any scripts and add OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000 and remove others AptioFix, and finally it works.

Thanks Mate,

I followed your solution and got my shutdown fixed, cheers:headbang:

hey, i have problem to shutdown and sleep, whenever i click shutdown it just restart. when i click sleep it goes sleep well and it wakes if i press any key once, but it going with no functioning rear usb, front usb panel is normal, and again from waking up, sleep not working until next restart. i dont mind if i cant do sleep the cpu, i just wondering if i could shut the system normal. changing aptiofix to OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000 didn't solve the problem, i just add EmuVariableUefi-64.efi but still i cant figure it out yet. slide=0 makes me boot fail,
my specs is i5-3330 + gtx 650ti 12gb ram ga-h61s2p-rev3.0, mojave vanilla install

when im using OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000, i found it out that my system randomly hang(few hours boot time) and need force restart, just realize when i change it to default aptiomemoryfix it bcome normal
i still need a help for my shutdown guys, anyone here?

i do this and good f$$k the hack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back