Contribute
Register

[Solved] Mojave 10.14.1 shutdown problem (h370)

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Once you boot into Mojave, run the Clover installer (not Clover Configurator). You can download Rehabman's latest Clover build from here.
  • Then follow the screenshots!
  • Use EFI Mounter v3 to mount the Mojave EFI partition (disk0s1 usually) if it is not already mounted. Then run Clover Configurator and set the checkbox for slide=0 as shown in the last screenshot.
If you encounter "Couldn't allocate runtime area" or "Error allocating xxxx" during boot, try using OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000 instead of any other memory driver such as AptioMemoryFixUEFI-64, OsxAptioFixDrv, OsxAptioFix2Drv, OsxAptioFix3Drv.

When I open clover configurator, it shows no config.plist file found. Then after slide=0 checked it require to save the file to a location. Mojave->EFI Backups->Cloover->config.plist replaced then shutdown worked.

When installing Mojave using unibeast clover boot version was v4769 but after installing clover bootloader its showing v4701. Which is conflicting and OS not booting from HDD. Only it boots when I plug in the USB Stick. Please help !!

Also is there any wifi driver available for my mobo "Z390 Aorus Pro wifi"

Attachments

• Screenshot 2018-12-12 at 2.19.56 AM.png
    Screenshot 2018-12-12 at 2.19.56 AM.png
    264.2 KB · Views: 317
  • Screenshot 2018-12-12 at 2.21.34 AM.png
    Screenshot 2018-12-12 at 2.21.34 AM.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 264
  • Screenshot 2018-12-12 at 2.22.33 AM.png
    Screenshot 2018-12-12 at 2.22.33 AM.png
    445.5 KB · Views: 231
Last edited:
When I open clover configurator, it shows no config.plist file found. Then after slide=0 checked it require to save the file to a location. Mojave->EFI Backups->Cloover->config.plist replaced then shutdown worked.

When installing Mojave using unibeast clover boot version was v4769 but after installing clover bootloader its showing v4701. Which is conflicting and OS not booting from HDD. Only it boots when I plug in the USB Stick. Please help !!

Also is there any wifi driver available for my mobo "Z390 Aorus Pro wifi"[/QUOT]

1. You hvn't mount the EFI partition, so that Clover Configurator open a new file for you.
2. Clover version in fact will not affecting the booting of HDD or USB, and no conflicting in fact. You need to add the Colver to the EFI so that can select it in the BIOS, else if you have windows installed, it sure will use the windows boot manager.
3. I would suggest you don't waste time to find the wifi driver of intel under MacOS, that thing never appear before.

Also is there any wifi driver available for my mobo "Z390 Aorus Pro wifi"
I'll correct my original post to say that latest Clover can be downloaded from SourceForge here. You can also use the version that's included in the latest MultiBeast 11.0.x.

@kkho555 is correct: To edit config.plist, you first have to mount the EFI partition. The Clover Configurator screenshot you posted (Mount EFI) shows you're looking in the right place. Just click "Mount Partition" button. Then File --> Open and select your config.plist from the EFI/CLOVER folder.

• Once you boot into Mojave, run the Clover installer (not Clover Configurator). You can download latest Clover build from here or use the one included in MultiBeast 11.0.x.
  • Use EFI Mounter v3 to mount the Mojave EFI partition (disk0s1 usually) if it is not already mounted. Then run Clover Configurator, open your config.plist from the EFI/CLOVER folder and set the checkbox for slide=0 as shown in the last screenshot.
If you encounter "Couldn't allocate runtime area" or "Error allocating xxxx" during boot, try using OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000 instead of any other memory driver such as AptioMemoryFixUEFI-64, OsxAptioFixDrv, OsxAptioFix2Drv, OsxAptioFix3Drv.

This helped me, thank you very much. Especially this OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000 and with DISABLED slide=0, with enabled it did not load.
So I copied EmuVariableUefi-64.efi with Clover Configurator without any scripts and add OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000 and remove others AptioFix, and finally it works.

• Once you boot into Mojave, run the Clover installer (not Clover Configurator). You can download latest Clover build from here or use the one included in MultiBeast 11.0.x.
  • Use EFI Mounter v3 to mount the Mojave EFI partition (disk0s1 usually) if it is not already mounted. Then run Clover Configurator, open your config.plist from the EFI/CLOVER folder and set the checkbox for slide=0 as shown in the last screenshot.
Just wanted to say thank you :) It helped me fix the KP on shutdown/reboot/sleep. I used slide=0, EmuVariableUefi-64.efi and OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000. All the other Aptio fixes would cause random allocation issues during efi boot. Now I have a fully working hackintosh with sound, sleep & accelerated graphics.

I'm just wondering now whether I need EmuVariableUefi as I notice you didn't mention it (I read in other topics with similar issue that it is needed). Going to try without it.

Edit: so actually the only thing I needed to get stable shutdown/reboot/sleep was OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000. slide=0 didn't change anything, and EmuVariableUefi-64.efi would break Clover feature to automatically boot from last booted volume (Clover boot screen would select first volume instead of last booted volume).

Last edited:
I'll correct my original post to say that latest Clover can be downloaded from SourceForge here. You can also use the version that's included in the latest MultiBeast 11.0.x.

@kkho555 is correct: To edit config.plist, you first have to mount the EFI partition. The Clover Configurator screenshot you posted (Mount EFI) shows you're looking in the right place. Just click "Mount Partition" button. Then File --> Open and select your config.plist from the EFI/CLOVER folder.

Sorry for being so novice here. I've done the same as you mentioned. But when I press shutdown it reboots with different version of clover bootloader then stuck with Cross OS not booting. Now I've to fix it using the USB Stick again and again. Even on clover configurator when I press the button Mount Partition it doesn't work at all.

Edit: so actually the only thing I needed to get stable shutdown/reboot/sleep was OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000. slide=0 didn't change anything, and EmuVariableUefi-64.efi would break Clover feature to automatically boot from last booted volume (Clover boot screen would select first volume instead of last booted volume).
Nice to see that you took the time to experiment with different combinations. By the way, I'm not seeing this behavior on my Z390. For me Clover does not revert to the first volume when EmuVariableUefi-64 is installed. Just curious: Did you also select the option in Clover installer to "Install RC scripts to target volume"?

Sorry for being so novice here. I've done the same as you mentioned. But when I press shutdown it reboots with different version of clover bootloader then stuck with Cross OS not booting. Now I've to fix it using the USB Stick again and again. Even on clover configurator when I press the button Mount Partition it doesn't work at all.
Have you tried this:
  • Insert your USB installer disk and reboot the Hackintosh.
  • At the BIOS splash screen, press F12 to select Boot drive. Choose the USB disk.
  • When Clover screen appears, choose your internal Mojave disk. Now Mojave will boot using the Clover settings on the USB disk.
  • Login to Mojave and run MultiBeast 11.0.x again. MultiBeast includes a version of Clover inside it. When the Clover installer appears, follow the screenshots back in Post #19.
  • Because you're using a Gigabyte Z390 board, I would strongly recommend using OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000 instead of AptioMemoryFix-64 or any other OsxAtioDrv... drivers. Information for OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000 is also in Post #19.

Have you tried this:
  • Insert your USB installer disk and reboot the Hackintosh.
  • At the BIOS splash screen, press F12 to select Boot drive. Choose the USB disk.
  • When Clover screen appears, choose your internal Mojave disk. Now Mojave will boot using the Clover settings on the USB disk.
  • Login to Mojave and run MultiBeast 11.0.x again. MultiBeast includes a version of Clover inside it. When the Clover installer appears, follow the screenshots back in Post #19.
  • Because you're using a Gigabyte Z390 board, I would strongly recommend using OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000 instead of AptioMemoryFix-64 or any other OsxAtioDrv... drivers. Information for OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000 is also in Post #19.

Found nothing in MultiBeast like Clover settings. I'm really getting very much frustrated with this. Let me tell you what I'm doing step by step.

Step 1: Installing Mac OS Mojave using unibeast

Step 2: After successful installation using unibeast then I install Multibeast.

Used all the steps mentioned in "Installation guide"

Attachments

• Screenshot 2018-12-26 at 1.12.59 AM.png
    Screenshot 2018-12-26 at 1.12.59 AM.png
    85.8 KB · Views: 247
  • Screenshot 2018-12-26 at 1.14.15 AM.png
    Screenshot 2018-12-26 at 1.14.15 AM.png
    86.2 KB · Views: 245
  • Screenshot 2018-12-26 at 1.14.26 AM.png
    Screenshot 2018-12-26 at 1.14.26 AM.png
    85.2 KB · Views: 224
  • Screenshot 2018-12-26 at 1.14.39 AM.png
    Screenshot 2018-12-26 at 1.14.39 AM.png
    123.7 KB · Views: 214
Found nothing in MultiBeast like Clover settings. I'm really getting very much frustrated with this. Let me tell you what I'm doing step by step.

Step 1: Installing Mac OS Mojave using unibeast

Step 2: After successful installation using unibeast then I install Multibeast.

Used all the steps mentioned in "Installation guide"
Post-Installation METHOD-1 described in my build guide should apply in large part to your system. The MultiBeast section provides a screenshot-by-screenshot walkthrough. But a few additional changes are needed after MultiBeast (but before rebooting). These are also illustrated screenshot-by-screenshot.

Note that USB ports on your motherboard are arranged differently, both in type and quantity, so the Custom USB SSDT in my build guide might not apply. You can omit that for the time being and eventually build your own by following the guide here. You can in fact omit all 4 of the custom SSDTs, thus leaving your EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder empty for now.

If you still run into any problems, just compress and upload your entire EFI folder.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back