EVGA GeForce GTX 960
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I have a few issues after installing ML. I also had to add a kext to the UniBeast install drive without that the installer only sees my USB drive.

After getting ML installed, I am having 2 main issues that I either need to get resolved or I am going to put linux on as I want to use my desktop as my web server.
  1. After downloading the latest MultiBeast (5.0.2) and either installing my DSDT or just installing Chameleon, it will not start it stays on the Apple logo screen and this no entry logo thing pops up, the only way to get it to start is to first boot it up in safe mode then deleting everything installed in the Extras folder.
  2. I get this error when trying to login with my Apple ID to the apple store, I need this to work as I need to buy and install ML Server.

Does anyone have any suggestions how I can resolve either one of these issues?

20120903_134345.jpg20120903_135048.jpg

ML will not boot and store does not work

Hello!

There really isn't enough info to go on here...

Out of interest what kexts did you have to add to UniBeast? How did you add them?

Next, the no-entry symbol above the Apple logo can mean a few things so a good place to start is the "org.chameleon.Boot.plist" in the Extra folder. Check the PCIRootUID boot flag. If it is set to "0" then set it to "1" or vice-versa. If UniBeast booted alright ensure the setting in the plist on your new hard drive is the same etc.

Graphics can also be a problem but the Radeon 5770 you have is natively supported and shouldn't cause problems. Ensure "GraphicEnabler" is set to "Yes"

You don't specify motherboard or hard drive so further info is difficult to offer. If you downloaded a DSDT from Tonymacx86 then chances are it's a fully supported motherboard.

Another flag to look at is "Use Kernel Cache" If it is "Yes" change it to "No"

Your screenshots are too small for me to make out but the Mac App Store problem will be caused by the order of network devices on your machine. You need to delete the Network.plist in the Library/System Configuration/Preferences and reboot. (My memory on the exact location might be dodgy, but this is well documented elsewhere here). If this fails then simply remove the adaptors in the System Preferences pane and re-add them in the order of Ethernet first, Wi-Fi second...

Despite what others may say about kexts and getting overly technical, this is all the problem is.

Hope that helps ...

I put the IOATAFamily.kext in the Extras folder after I made the ML USB drive with UniBeast that is all I did.

I edited the org.chameleon.Boot.plist file, set PCIRootUID to 0 and 1, GraphicEnabler to yes and Use Kernel Cache to yes. None of which solved my problem.

Here are the complete specs on my desktop.

To get my computer running again, I first press F12 (boot options), selected USB-HDD, booted it up in safe mode (-x flag on iBoot) and delete everything in the Extras folder, reboot....although to boot it up I still press F12, USB-HDD and then select my drive.

I also did both of your suggestions for the Apple store but I am still getting the same error.

I apologize for the small screenshots, I have attached the actual images. Also I just got my BS in Computer Science so you don not have to worry about being technical

Attachments

• 20120903_135048.jpg
    20120903_135048.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 139
  • 20120903_134345.jpg
    20120903_134345.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 92

OK, glad you've got the tech background - that's good, here goes... ;-)

Firstly, if you boot in Safe Mode (-x) the system doesn't install any extra kexts/drivers and so the Ethernet port will not be recognised. Without this appearing alongside your Airport card in the network preference pane and in the correct order as mentioned previously, Mac App Store will not connect.

Also remove the BT USB for now as it will appear as an extra network connection in System Preferences.

Another handy tip is if UniBeast works ok change your org.chameleon.Boot.plist setting for "Use Kernel Cache" to "No"

Your motherboard chipset is supported so won't be the problem. There is a preconfigured DSDT available as you've already discovered.

As you have selected other components which are native to OS X (graphics and wi-fi) only sound or ethernet should be the main cause for problems.

Hope that helps.

click the apple menu button>about this mac>more info>system report>click on network

is wifi shown as en0?
ethernet needs to be en0, even if you predominately use wifi.

to fix this, search for "appstore fix" or similar. common problem.

another thing to do while youre working on this issue is to change your smbios serial number.
use champlist or chameleon wizard to generate a new serial

I got everything working thanks so much!

I only boot into safe mode to delete the contents of the Extra folder then I reboot, also right now I only have the minimum hardware hooked up, now that I resolved those major problems I will plug in everything else.
to fix my boot and app store issue, here is what I did:
  1. put the DSDT for my mb on my desktop, used multibeast and only selected UserDSDT
  2. used ChampList and set a few config options (screenshot attached) and in the Smbios tab set a new serial and updated my model to Mac Pro 3,1

After using MultiBeast, I ran ChampList and it told me chameleon is not installed, I clicked install and got the attached error but it still works.

I have attached 3 screenshots, about this mac, Champlist config and the Chameleon install error. I also attached my "org.chameleon.Boot" and "smbios.plist". In the boot plist I changed darkwake=0 to darkwake=1 and UseKernelCache to no.

So you all know, I am going to use my desktop as my web server for my blog (mitchsprogress.org), I am using Drupal 7 and MAMP (I worked for my university developing a Drupal site for a particular college, which was way more coding than I need for my blog), so just now I bought and installed the Server app for ML from the app store and later today I am going to get it all setup with my domain name pointing to my desktop.

Thanks again!

View attachment org.chameleon.Boot.plistAbout this Mac.jpgView attachment smbios.plistChameleon install error.pngChampList config.png

on a sidenote I bought a MacBook Pro retina a few weeks ago to replace my 6 year old MBP and it is by far the best computer I have ever owned

the mbp is definitely faster (it has an i7) and the resolution on it is absurd, but I use the 2 for different purposes, on my hackintosh I use Matlab and I just set it up to be my server and I use Adobe CS6 on both (got Matlab and CS6 for free from my college), but I built my hackintosh 2 years ago and am planning to upgrade certain hardware around Christmas so I can not really compare the two right now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back