Contribute
Register

[Solved] Missing Power Nap option

Status
Not open for further replies.
See if this version makes any difference :
Holy moly! It works! You're the Master!
Would you please tell me what you did?
And since the "computer sleep" option is gone, how long will my hackintosh go to sleep?
Will the fans and other unnecessary stuffs turn off like before?
Anyway, thank you ver much!

Would you please tell me what you did?
Bearing in mind that it is possible to have more than one config file open at once in Clover Configurator it should not be too difficult for you to compare the before and after.

And since the "computer sleep" option is gone, how long will my hackintosh go to sleep?
Will the fans and other unnecessary stuffs turn off like before?
Time will tell.

Bearing in mind that it is possible to have more than one config file open at once in Clover Configurator it should not be too difficult for you to compare the before and after.
I know and I am comparing them side by side now.
What I meant is could you please point out why or what is the key item to make it works.
I am sorry to waste your valuable time, but I want to learn something.
Thanks.

I know and I am comparing them side by side now.
What I meant is could you please point out why or what is the key item to make it works.
I am sorry to waste your valuable time, but I want to learn something.
I just corrected the deficiencies that I noticed in your config.plist.
I couldn't say if it was a single change or a combination that made the difference.

What seems to have made the whole difference in this case is simply adding PluginType to ACPI. That's all. :)

HI! I've fixed my dissapered "Computer sleep" slider... but now "power Nap" is gone.. any help? TNX
I was just having the same issue and fixed it by disabling ErP in BIOS. Once ErP disabled, "power nap" showed back up in Energy Saver.

What seems to have made the whole difference in this case is simply adding PluginType to ACPI. That's all. :)
That made the difference in my case, the only lines that I have add to my imac 18,3 config.plist. The Power Nap option + 2 more power options appear instantly in Mojave after reboot.

BTW: To ppl wondering how to spot difference easily. Use the diff command line. ex.:

diff BADconfig.plist GOODconfig.plist.

Thanks to you and P1LGRIM for the improvement that I have been able to make to my config.plist. Think now that this one have everything I need in.

But that didn`t fix my no sleep(Computer trying to sleep but failing all the times) issue was cause by my pcie BCM943602CS (BT 4.2 0x8)which is apparently related to internal usb port that gives power to the bluetooth. To fix this problem, add to identify the internal usb port as internal using hackintool to generate a proper SSDT and now it works.

Thanks

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-01-25 at 12.46.22 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-01-25 at 12.46.22 PM.png
    56.9 KB · Views: 181
  • Screen Shot 2020-01-25 at 12.48.55 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-01-25 at 12.48.55 PM.png
    114.4 KB · Views: 175
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back