Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
After using Multibeast, I lose my network connection. When I use ibeast, the connection works fine. I feel I have messed up the DSDT but I am not certain what I have done. Is there a solution to get the NIC back? Thanks in advance.

I have a GA P55M-UD4 which has been flashed to F9. When the system boots through the hard drive, it says there is no NIC and no connection can be made to the Internet. At first I suspected it was the bios, so I booted up using ibeast and the connection works (I am typing this through the Ibeast boot).

I saw Tony's comment about deleting the network connection and seeing whether it would be found, but I am not certain how to delete the connection under the Network preferences.

This is the SysInfo which shows under Ibeast --
ethernet:

Type: Ethernet Controller
Bus: PCI
Vendor ID: 0x10ec
Device ID: 0x8168
Subsystem Vendor ID: 0x1458
Subsystem ID: 0xe000
Revision ID: 0x0003
Link Width: x1
BSD name: en0

Ethernet Adaptor (en0):

Type: Ethernet
Hardware: Ethernet
BSD Device Name: en0
IPv4 Addresses: 192.168.1.110
IPv4:
Addresses: 192.168.1.110
Configuration Method: DHCP
Interface Name: en0
Network Signature: IPv4.Router=192.168.1.1;IPv4.RouterHardwareAddress=00:1d:7e:0f:ed:eb
Router: 192.168.1.1
Subnet Masks: 255.255.255.0
IPv6:
Configuration Method: Automatic
DNS:
Domain Name: hsd1.ca.comcast.net.
Server Addresses: 172.27.35.1, 192.168.1.1, 192.168.1.110
DHCP Server Responses:
Domain Name: hsd1.ca.comcast.net.
Domain Name Servers: 172.27.35.1,192.168.1.1,192.168.1.110
Lease Duration (seconds): 0
DHCP Message Type: 0x05
Routers: 192.168.1.1
Server Identifier: 192.168.1.1
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
Ethernet:
MAC Address: 00:24:1d:d7:94:28
Media Options:
Media Subtype: Auto Select
Proxies:
Exceptions List: *.local, 169.254/16
FTP Passive Mode: Yes
Service Order: 0

Re: Missing NIC after Multibeast

mcharles said:
After using Multibeast, I lose my network connection. When I use ibeast, the connection works fine. I feel I have messed up the DSDT but I am not certain what I have done. Is there a solution to get the NIC back? Thanks in advance.

I have a GA P55M-UD4 which has been flashed to F9. When the system boots through the hard drive, it says there is no NIC and no connection can be made to the Internet. At first I suspected it was the bios, so I booted up using ibeast and the connection works (I am typing this through the Ibeast boot).

I saw Tony's comment about deleting the network connection and seeing whether it would be found, but I am not certain how to delete the connection under the Network preferences.
Did you remember to install RealtekR1000SL in MultiBeast?

Thanks, I will try adding it to see what happens.

:D Thank you very very much. The NIC is back, I added the MacBook Pro DSDT and got the graphics card recognized, and things are now so close.

The only problem I have know is that the computer will still not connect to the Internet, and on network diagnostics, it shows green for ethernet, orangish for network settings, and red for Internet and server.

Is there another DSDT to add?

Thanks again.

SINCE WRITING THIS GOT THE PROBLEM RESOLVED, I HAD FORGOTTEN TO RUN THE UTILITIES. ALL IS REALLY GREAT, AND THANKS TO ALL

Here's a total newb question. How do you run the utilities? Do you have to install them first in Multibeast?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back