Asrock B360M Pro4
CPU
Intel i5-8400
Graphics
GeForce GTX 1060
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Hello there :)

I'm new to this Hackintosh world and I've been reading the stickies and other useful threads to make it work properly. I already have the USB with High Sierra (did it with UniBeast) and all was just fine.

I have a single SSD disk which already has Windows 10 and noticed that it's formated as MBR and according to many sources the disk needs to be GPT (GUID) in order to install MacOS into it (and dual boot, I guess). According to many links I've been reading, it's possible to convert from MBR to GPT without losing data but I'm not pretty sure about it.

Is this fine?
Has anyone tried it in the past?
Do I strictly need to delete everything and then format as GPT and then install macOS?

Thank you.

Hello there :)

I'm new to this Hackintosh world and I've been reading the stickies and other useful threads to make it work properly. I already have the USB with High Sierra (did it with UniBeast) and all was just fine.

I have a single SSD disk which already has Windows 10 and noticed that it's formatted as MBR and according to many sources the disk needs to be GPT (GUID) in order to install MacOS into it (and dual boot, I guess). According to many links I've been reading, it's possible to convert from MBR to GPT without losing data but I'm not pretty sure about it.

Is this fine?
Has anyone tried it in the past?
Do I strictly need to delete everything and then format as GPT and then install macOS?

Thank you.

Do you want to dual boot Windows 10 with MacOS High Sierra? Or do you just want to erase Windows and install High Sierra on your SSD?

Do you want to dual boot Windows 10 with MacOS High Sierra? Or do you just want to erase Windows and install High Sierra on your SSD?

I want to dual boot Windows 10 with MacOS High Sierra but my SSD drive has already Windows 10 as MBR.

What I would like to know is if I can (or anyone has, to be exact) converted MBR to GPT using these tools which claims they don't delete any of your data.

SOLVED: I just used mbr2gpt.exe which comes with Windows 10 and managed to convert it without no problem at all.

Last edited:
I want to dual boot Windows 10 with MacOS High Sierra but my SSD drive has already Windows 10 as MBR.

What I would like to know is if I can (or anyone has, to be exact) converted MBR to GPT using these tools which claims they don't delete any of your data.

SOLVED: I just used mbr2gpt.exe which comes with Windows 10 and managed to convert it without no problem at all.

Good for you. But to be sure, the general recommendation is to install Windows and MacOS High Sierra in different disks if you want to dual boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back