HP folio 1040 g2 (Clover V4813)
CPU
i5-5300u
Graphics
HD5500, FHD
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello world,
here another noob that's trying to help some random strangers =)

I just menage to install maverick on my asus ux32vd ultrabook.

Here the guide http://www.tonymacx86.com/374-unibeast-install-os-x-mavericks-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html.

After some try the only way that i found to make the installation start is to remove some kext related to the video (AppleIntelHD* AppleIntelSNB* ATI* GeForce* NVDA*): i'm realy new to this kind of stuff, so i don't know if it's ok what i did, btw, now it's booting.

So, from the beginning, the BIOS (press ESC on startup, "enter setup"):

advanced-> VT-d [disabled].
advanced-> USB Configuration -> Legacy USB [auto], XHCI pre-boot [enabled]

The other stuff should be ok by default.
Now reboot, press esc on startup, select your usb from the menù, boot with -s and remove the kext as i said few row ago. I refered to http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...iobluetoothhcicontroller-start-completed.html.

Now by now, the major issue that i've have is about the bootloader: my bios doesn't recognize anymore my internal 24gb issd as bootable, and i'm forced to boot by the unibeast pendrive. Any kind of help is appreciated. Ask my anything.

p.s: if i kill the grammar few times, i'm sorry
p.p.s: if i'm in the wrong section of the forum, i'm sorry.
:*,
Francesco

Mavericks on asus ux32vd

Hello world,

Now by now, the major issue that i've have is about the bootloader: my bios doesn't recognize anymore my internal 24gb issd as bootable, and i'm forced to boot by the unibeast pendrive.
i solve this by installing the Os in a mbr partitioned drive.

Hello,

What kext you use for audio? How did you install it?

one question,is wifi working? nvidia working? backlight working? thanks in advance

Ciao Dule2303,

In order
WiFi: No (intel centrino 6235 is unsupported) (but you can arrange something with the usbToEthernet adapter =)! )
NVidia:No. Not at all; it does not even boot with the nvidia kext in extensions.
Backlight: Yes

Francesco

Ciao Dule2303,

In order
WiFi: No (intel centrino 6235 is unsupported) (but you can arrange something with the usbToEthernet adapter =)! )
NVidia:No. Not at all; it does not even boot with the nvidia kext in extensions.
Backlight: Yes

Francesco
Thanks a lot,i need nvidia graphics for software im using,thanks again

Thanks a lot,i need nvidia graphics for software im using,thanks again
Optimus is not supported on OS X and most likely never will be.
If you need nVidia graphics for OS X then you should look at a MBP, unless you seem to find a laptop that has a dedicated nVidia card. In some cases you can find one that will work when you inject properties.

I have a little question...
I have actually Windows 7 on my asus ux32vd dual boot with debian 7.
My bootloader (where I choose between win7/debian7 is something custom (refind) that scan OS on your system then show what you can boot.

If I install mavericks I'll lose win7? debian7?
Have I to partition before installing to avoid that?

I have managed to install on my eee pc 900 snow leopard but I didn't care about the system I had and isn't the same with my ux32vd...

Thanks for your answers (sorry for my english, kinda bad)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back