Contribute
Register

[SOLVED]Mavericks on asus ux32vd

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a little question...
I have actually Windows 7 on my asus ux32vd dual boot with debian 7.
My bootloader (where I choose between win7/debian7 is something custom (refind) that scan OS on your system then show what you can boot.

Since you're using rEFInd, you might consider transitioning to Clover.

If I install mavericks I'll lose win7? debian7?
Have I to partition before installing to avoid that?

It depends on how your disk is partitioned. If it is GPT, maybe just make room for Mavs and install to it. Boot all via Clover. Definitely make a backup to guard against the unknown and pilot error.

Since you're using rEFInd, you might consider transitioning to Clover.
I'll see, didn't know Clover.

It depends on how your disk is partitioned. If it is GPT, maybe just make room for Mavs and install to it. Boot all via Clover. Definitely make a backup to guard against the unknown and pilot error.
Hm, ok so I have to remove my dd from my asus and do a complete backup?

Because, when I installed my debian7 I wasn't much worried since I have partitionned before, to make some space to debian and if any error could occurs it will just affect that partition (or bootloader but it can be easly changed).

I'll "google" a little bit to see the best way to do a complete backup ;)

​does the hd4000. Work with qe or at least full resolution?

​does the hd4000. Work with qe or at least full resolution?

Yes to both. HD4000 is fully supported by OS X. Real Macs use it.

Hello Bak McFazio :).

I just got one of those zenbooks (ux32vd) and am thinking about trying it out.

I found a thread about how to get the touchpad working very well:

http://forum.osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/1948-elan-touchpad-driver-mac-os-x/ANd

I read about people who hacked the wifi-card (post #43):

http://forum.osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/1948-elan-touchpad-driver-mac-os-x/but

how did you do this:

After some try the only way that i found to make the installation start is to remove some kext related to the video (AppleIntelHD* AppleIntelSNB* ATI* GeForce* NVDA*): i'm realy new to this kind of stuff, so i don't know if it's ok what i did, btw, now it's booting.
and how is it running now some months later? is it still doing good?J

Hello World,
I'm trying to set up my UX32VD with Mavericks. But I always get stuck at the
[IOBluetoothHCIController][start] -- completed line.

I removed the kexts, but GeForce and ATI are not available. I took the Mavericks from the AppStore an the newest UniBeast-Installer 4.0.2.

Anyone has an idea?

Thanks a lot!

Freddy

Hello World,
I'm trying to set up my UX32VD with Mavericks. But I always get stuck at the
[IOBluetoothHCIController][start] -- completed line.

I removed the kexts, but GeForce and ATI are not available. I took the Mavericks from the AppStore an the newest UniBeast-Installer 4.0.2.

Anyone has an idea?

Thanks a lot!

Freddy

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

System: manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx). For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

I have an UX32VD Asus Ultrabook with an Intel Core i7 3517U. It has an Intel 4000 Graphics and the GT620M on board. I made one USB-Stick with Mavericks and Laptop enabled and one without. On both of them I tried to delete the kexts as described in the first Post of this Thread but this didn't work. It's still hanging on the IOBluetooth-line if starting in verbose mode.

Tried flags:
-x
GraphicsEnabler=Yes/No
-v

I don't get it. Obviously the thread starter got it working on the same model. Why isn't it working now? I also removed the second RAM. (I had 10GB installed, so tried it with 2GB and 10GB of RAM).

Suggestions highly welcome

I have an UX32VD Asus Ultrabook with an Intel Core i7 3517U. It has an Intel 4000 Graphics and the GT620M on board. I made one USB-Stick with Mavericks and Laptop enabled and one without. On both of them I tried to delete the kexts as described in the first Post of this Thread but this didn't work. It's still hanging on the IOBluetooth-line if starting in verbose mode.

Tried flags:
-x
GraphicsEnabler=Yes/No
-v

I don't get it. Obviously the thread starter got it working on the same model. Why isn't it working now? I also removed the second RAM. (I had 10GB installed, so tried it with 2GB and 10GB of RAM).

Suggestions highly welcome

Read post #17 carefully. All 5 details requested must be present in your profile. Thanks!

Hello RehabMan,

thank you very much for your efforts. I couldn't find the MHxxxx with CPU-Z but I uploaded the whole information on my webspace. Hopefully it helps!

Thank you very much!

Here is the whole Listing: http://www.vhagen.net/zenbook.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back