Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. Lisa
  3. Performa
  4. Xserve
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello All,
I have a completely working Yosemite install on the x401a, everything is working. Except for one thing, Clover. To preface this, this laptop ONLY supports UEFI booting. So that means I cant use Chameleon or Chimera. Hence my problem, the laptop boots perfectly off the Chameleon installer USB, however when booting from Clover, with RehabMan's HD3000 mixed config plist (without it there is a garble of lines and discoloration), I am left with no graphics acceleration at all. If at all possible I want to boot using Chameleon or Chimera, but since its UEFI only I dont think it would be possible. Any help is appreciated as always!

Laptop Specs:
i3-2330m
HD3000
HM76 Chipset
8GB of DDR3
320GB HDD
AR9285

I followed the guide and reinstalled Clover again, no change. Is there anyway I could use Chameleon or Chimera? In the BIOS I have the option to add a boot option, where I can point to a .efi file, but when I leave the EFI partition blank ( or format it to HFS+, BIOS doesn't regocnize the drive if all partitions are HFS+) and install Chimera to the disk, the drive disappears in the BIOS. I really would like to avoid Clover if at all possible.

I followed the guide and reinstalled Clover again, no change. Is there anyway I could use Chameleon or Chimera? In the BIOS I have the option to add a boot option, where I can point to a .efi file, but when I leave the EFI partition blank ( or format it to HFS+, BIOS doesn't regocnize the drive if all partitions are HFS+) and install Chimera to the disk, the drive disappears in the BIOS. I really would like to avoid Clover if at all possible.

Boot verbose, show photo. Post EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (omit 'themes' folder).

Its too late now, I was screwing with it and now it won't even boot from the USB, I'm doing a install of El Capitan, and if I run into the problem again I'll let you know

Ok, good news, did a install of El Capitan, EVERYTHING is working this time including QE/CI, audio (using VoodooHDA with my own patched kext), used your DSDT battery patch for the ASUS laptops, used your brightness patch, and used a AR9285 kext for Wi-Fi. Thanks for all your help!

Ok, good news, did a install of El Capitan, EVERYTHING is working this time including QE/CI, audio (using VoodooHDA with my own patched kext), used your DSDT battery patch for the ASUS laptops, used your brightness patch, and used a AR9285 kext for Wi-Fi. Thanks for all your help!

Marked solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back