Contribute
Register

[Solved] MacPro6,1 SMBIOS: Dual GPU - EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 dont boot..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus X-99 DeluxeII
CPU
E5-2696 v4
Graphics
2* Radeon VII
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have upgraded on my Asus X99 Deluxe || from 2* Titan X (maxwell) -> 2* EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3

Which worked very well with both graphics card's in my system, Im using 5 monitors + Wacom Cintiq divided on both GPU's
But now I changed the GPU's the system it don't boot anymore, So I cant use my wacom anymore with full setup..

I already have done:
  • freqVectorsEdit.sh
  • Add manually missing frequency vectors: iMac17,1 / iMac14,1 / iMac14,2
[sysctl -n machdep.xcpm.vectors_loaded_count] keeps returning always: 0 as XCPM is enabled and returned: 1
  • EmuVariableUefi-64 @ Clover-> drivers64UEFI = Nvram.plist is stored @ EFI
  • Clover config: NvidiaWeb = True
  • NVDA_drive=1 ( just need also to apply otherwise it don't boot )
  • Lilu.kext & NVDAStartupWeb.kext @ Clover->Kexts-> 10.12 + L/E
  • SSDT GPU
As solution use 1 GPU in the system it boots normal, and apply the SSDT GPU for each card one at a time.
And it works with a single GPU installed, it boots without a problem..

The first time with the disable patch the SSDT GPU for my first card returned from H000@0 to:

([email protected]@3.D080@0 )

Then patched again with the desired "D080" patch from the text files, and then it returned with the wished "GFX1@0"

- SSDT-1.aml = ([email protected]@3.H000@0 ) @ GFX1@0
= (_SUN, One) + "onboard-1"

- SSDT-2.aml = ([email protected]@2.D07E@0 ) @ GFX1@0
= (_SUN, 0x02) + "onboard-2"

When I install both GPU's back into the PCIe slots, the system don't boot anymore stuck on a black screen or clover verbose..

+ AGDPfix 1.3 witch patched plist from: AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext

Code:
   <key>Mac-F60DEB81FF30ACF6</key>
   <string>Config1</string>
To:
Code:
   <key>Mac-F60DEB81FF30ACF6</key>
   <string>none</string>

The problem now because of a blackscreen?: AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext don't request into the info.plist:
Code:
<key>Config1</key>
            <dict>
                <key>GFX1</key>
                <dict>
                    <key>unload</key>
                    <false/>
                </dict>

As for the information for other people who are also stuck on this point with a SMBIOS: MacPro6,1

Whats is the best solution for this? when I return board ID: Mac-F60DEB81FF30ACF6 -> to "Config1" it's unload the ports..
And clover verbose get stuck on GPU1 (SSDT-1) and GPU2 boots with a distorted screen trough displayport:
Code:
IOConsoleUsers: time(0) 0->0, lin 0, llk1,
IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0

IMG_1629.jpg

Some more information / specs:
Asus X99 Deluxe ||
Xeon E5-2696 v4

Sierra 10.12.6
Clover 4128

Hopefully maybe some can help me out please, thank you in advance !

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    20.5 MB · Views: 126
  • nvram.plist
    2.5 KB · Views: 261
For the information for other people, don't boot with pascal based GPU's with a HDMI 1.0 cable (or add after booting the system)

As HMDI 1.0 cable only support 30 Hz @ 4K and strangely at mine workstation it wont boot with it at a HDMI 2.0 port..

And for displayport at least 1.2 version, I have ordered for all the monitors, new displayport 1.3 cables bandwidth with 32.4 Gbit/s who support:

- 120Hz @ 4K ( 3840 x 2160 )
- 60Hz @ 5K ( 5120 x 2880 )
- 30Hz @ 8K ( 7680 x 4320 )

Hopefully people who gets stuck at this point, this explains the distorted screen as the picture attached into this topic..

I have been having the same issue with dual cards and black screen, are you on 10.13. Your post was not clear how you fixed it, do I need to run AGDPfix 1.3 in addition to the two SSDT's created for each graphic card?

I have been having the same issue with dual cards and black screen, are you on 10.13. Your post was not clear how you fixed it, do I need to run AGDPfix 1.3 in addition to the two SSDT's created for each graphic card?

The solution was also to turn off HyperTreading in the bios, then it would boot with 2 GPU's
( max. 3x display per card connected @ booting after that you can connect other monitors )

At some point too much cores with 2 GPU's don't boot at MacOS (10.12) with pascal based graphic cards..
It's mandatory to do the AGDPfix and optional to fix it with GPU SSDT's I have made for each card a SSDT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back