Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Z170-E
CPU
i5-7500
Graphics
HD 630
Hi, I just installed High Sierra 10.13.2 using unibeast on my build. The installation went fine my problem is once I use Multibeast to install drivers and restart the system I am no longer able to boot off the SSD. The Apple logo shows and the progress bar gets about half way and then Clover randomly restarts and is stuck in a loop. The same happens for the recovery and other tabs in the Clover selecter. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks!

Hi, I just installed High Sierra 10.13.2 using unibeast on my build. The installation went fine my problem is once I use Multibeast to install drivers and restart the system I am no longer able to boot off the SSD. The Apple logo shows and the progress bar gets about half way and then Clover randomly restarts and is stuck in a loop. The same happens for the recovery and other tabs in the Clover selecter. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks!
Did you install Clover and FakeSMC.kext from MultiBeast?

Did you install Clover and FakeSMC.kext from MultiBeast?
Yes I did. I tried installing Sierra instead to see if that would fix it but no. I am able to get a pic of the verbose boot right before it restarts but I don’t know what any of it means. Maybe someone could tell and that would really help.
Thanks.
114D4785-ADDE-48EA-BBC5-FB54B72387F1.jpeg

Yes I did. I tried installing Sierra instead to see if that would fix it but no. I am able to get a pic of the verbose boot right before it restarts but I don’t know what any of it means. Maybe someone could tell and that would really help.
Thanks.View attachment 306963

What is the posted image of?
  • Previous High sierra System disk after Multibeast installation and now booted with Verbose mode from Clover Boot Manager (CBM)Screen?
  • Current macOS Sierra USB installer booted off CBM in Verbose Mode?
  • Current macOS Sieera run from System disk after Multibeast instalation and booted fromCBM Screen?

What is the posted image of?
  • Previous High sierra System disk after Multibeast installation and now booted with Verbose mode from Clover Boot Manager (CBM)Screen?
  • Current macOS Sierra USB installer booted off CBM in Verbose Mode?
  • Current macOS Sieera run from System disk after Multibeast instalation and booted fromCBM Screen?
This is the current Sierra booting off of the hard drive after Multibeast installation in verbose mode.

This is the current Sierra booting off of the hard drive after Multibeast installation in verbose mode.
  • Uploaded image shows KP from AppleIntelKBLgraphicsFramebuffer.kext [See edited image]
Your options at this satge are:
  • To get back to Sierra System disk, you may try to boot in Single USER mode (use -s flag from Clover Boot Manager (CBM ) screen and move that offending kext from /S/L/E to another newly created backup folder using cmds.
  • If you can boot using Sierra USB installer to CBM screen and then boot the Sierra System disk to its desktop, you can use Terminal to uninstall the kext and then install correct drivers .
  • You can use the HS USB installer and install HS formatting current corrupt non-bootable Sierra System disk.

Attachments

• KP fromm Intel HD  Graphics AppleIntelKBLFramebuffer.kext.png
    KP fromm Intel HD Graphics AppleIntelKBLFramebuffer.kext.png
    616.4 KB · Views: 118
I am able to get a pic of the verbose boot right before it restarts but I don’t know what any of it means. Maybe someone could tell and that would really help.
DVMT Pre-Allocated setting in BIOS is likely set incorrectly. Required: 64mb or larger (128mb usually works well).

DVMT Pre-Allocated setting in BIOS is likely set incorrectly. Required: 64mb or larger (128mb usually works well).
I did this and it no longer restarts at boot but I am still unable to boot to the drive. The Apple logo shows and the bar makes it a little more than half way and then just gets stuck and doesn’t go any further. I booted in verbose and got a pic of the last text that shows.
759CAF2D-7451-4DEE-B2F5-E40CC618E1DD.jpeg

I booted in verbose and got a pic of the last text that shows.
Looks like you didn't install the necessary fixes and kexts for your Intel HD 630 Graphics.

MultiBeast > Customize > Graphics Configuration > Intel HD 6xx and Intel Graphics Fixup

Looks like you didn't install the necessary fixes and kexts for your Intel HD 630 Graphics.

MultiBeast > Customize > Graphics Configuration > Intel HD 6xx and Intel Graphics Fixup
I did that and now it’s working fine. Thanks for your help it relieved my weeks worth of frustration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back