CPU
i5-6500
Graphics
HD 530
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Just recently built a computer from parts from the buyer's guide (i5 6500, Asus Z170-E) and followed the step by step guide to install MacOS Sierra on this system. Everything went smoothly from Creating the USB drive and booting/installing the OS onto the SSD. The big problem is post installation; The OS refuses to boot from the system's SSD. I used multibeast to install all the neccesary drivers I need, but after the restart and unplugging the USB drive, the bar under the apple logo goes to about 40%, then some text appears in the corner of the monitor, and the computer restarts. I plugged the USB back in and booted with the USB. Only with the USB am I able to get to the home screen but its really slow and takes a couple of minutes. On the Home screen, everything seems laggy and slow; everything is very jittery and not smooth. Not sure what to do

Boot with -v in clover and post a picture of what it says before it restarts.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 201
1st: DVMT Pre-Allocated setting in BIOS is likely set incorrectly. Required: 64mb or larger (128mb usually works well).

2nd: There are changes to the new 10.12.5 Intel graphics drivers which may cause black screen or hang on boot.

Try to boot with an invalid ig-platform-id (0x12345678).
At Clover Boot Screen select Options > Graphics Injector > FakeID

When you reach the desktop, install the kexts (Lilu.kext and IntelGraphicsFixup.kext) to /Library/Extensions using KextBeast.

1st: DVMT Pre-Allocated setting in BIOS is likely set incorrectly. Required: 64mb or larger (128mb usually works well).

2nd: There are changes to the new 10.12.5 Intel graphics drivers which may cause black screen or hang on boot.

Try to boot with an invalid ig-platform-id (0x12345678).
At Clover Boot Screen select Options > Graphics Injector > FakeID

When you reach the desktop, install the kexts (Lilu.kext and IntelGraphicsFixup.kext) to /Library/Extensions using KextBeast.

I was able to boot into the OS with the platform-id (0x12345678) and install KextBeast and the kexts. Once it restarted, the bar goes about halfway, displays some texts and restarts (see pic). I'm not sure if the kexts were installed properly, I placed them on the desktop like the installer said to

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 165
I was able to boot into the OS with the platform-id (0x12345678) and install KextBeast and the kexts. Once it restarted, the bar goes about halfway, displays some texts and restarts (see pic). I'm not sure if the kexts were installed properly, I placed them on the desktop like the installer said to

[Edit] Nevermind, everything works perfectly fine as soon as I changed the DVMT to 128mb... Thanks you so much. The other problem I have is audio, I installed the right audio driver through multibeast but there is no audio coming out

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-07-13 at 6.49.43 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-07-13 at 6.49.43 PM.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 141
The other problem I have is audio, I installed the right audio driver through multibeast but there is no audio coming out
Besides the audio driver did you also install 100 / 200 Series Audio?

MultiBeast > Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > ALC887/888b
MultiBeast > Drivers > Audio > 100 / 200 Series Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back