Contribute
Register

[solved] macOS Sierra - Issues with HD 5500 QHD+ Display (Asus UX303LA)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I've been trying to install Sierra on my laptop and had a few issues here and there but I managed to get a lot of things working.

Currently the display is having a lot of issues and I've read a couple of guides which use EDID and different patches but nothing has really worked so far.

If I use ig-platform-id of 0x16260006 or 0x16160002 or something similar my main display doesn't boot at all and stays in the verbose screen but if I try to plug in an external display to the HDMI, the main display goes black and the external display works. Going into the display settings only shows the external display is connected.

Messing around with the EDID to change the resolution from 3200x1800 -> 1600x900 has made it so the screen turns black on boot. If an external display is connected and the display settings are checked it reveals both the internal display and the external display are present with nothing shown on the internal display.

The only thing so far that has made the internal display work is setting the ig-platform-id to something non-existant but then the display isn't working the way it should be, minimal video ram, and slow animations are present.

I've tried a few different settings which are shown in the config.plist KextsToPatch but they haven't really done much.

I've also extracted my DSDT and SSDT's and patched them according to this guide by Mechanical:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-asus-zenbook-ux303la-broadwell-edition.172279/

but as far as patching them to fix this issue goes beyond me.

Thank you.

Specs:

Laptop: UX303LA-US51T
CPU: 2.2 GHz Intel Core i5-5200U
RAM: 8GB of DDR3L @ 1600MHz
Display: Intel HD Graphics 5500 - QHD+ 3200x1800
Audio Codec: Conexant CX20751/2
Wifi: DW-1560 Chipset: Intel 9 Chipset (Wildcat Point-LP SATA Controller)
3x USB3.0 (Intel)
1x Full-size HDMI 2.0
1x Mini DisplayPort
2x 256GB Solid State Drives

Attachments

• dsl.zip
    108.3 KB · Views: 172
  • CLOVER.zip
    7.5 MB · Views: 194
I've been trying to install Sierra on my laptop and had a few issues here and there but I managed to get a lot of things working.

Currently the display is having a lot of issues and I've read a couple of guides which use EDID and different patches but nothing has really worked so far.

If I use ig-platform-id of 0x16260006 or 0x16160002 or something similar my main display doesn't boot at all and stays in the verbose screen but if I try to plug in an external display to the HDMI, the main display goes black and the external display works. Going into the display settings only shows the external display is connected.

Messing around with the EDID to change the resolution from 3200x1800 -> 1600x900 has made it so the screen turns black on boot. If an external display is connected and the display settings are checked it reveals both the internal display and the external display are present with nothing shown on the internal display.

The only thing so far that has made the internal display work is setting the ig-platform-id to something non-existant but then the display isn't working the way it should be, minimal video ram, and slow animations are present.

I've tried a few different settings which are shown in the config.plist KextsToPatch but they haven't really done much.

I've also extracted my DSDT and SSDT's and patched them according to this guide by Mechanical:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-asus-zenbook-ux303la-broadwell-edition.172279/

but as far as patching them to fix this issue goes beyond me.

Thank you.

Specs:

Laptop: UX303LA-US51T
CPU: 2.2 GHz Intel Core i5-5200U
RAM: 8GB of DDR3L @ 1600MHz
Display: Intel HD Graphics 5500 - QHD+ 3200x1800
Audio Codec: Conexant CX20751/2
Wifi: DW-1560 Chipset: Intel 9 Chipset (Wildcat Point-LP SATA Controller)
3x USB3.0 (Intel)
1x Full-size HDMI 2.0
1x Mini DisplayPort
2x 256GB Solid State Drives

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Make sure you read the FAQ regarding UHD displays...

I've already patched the IOKit framework using CoreDisplay-patcher and my DVMT is set to 128mb.

Should I be following the guide for the Lenovo y50 to get it fixed now?

You are writing in the Sierra forum.
On Sierra, the pixel clock patch is a patch for CoreDisplay, not IOKit (pixel clock patch for IOKit applies to 10.11 and earlier only).

You are writing in the Sierra forum.
On Sierra, the pixel clock patch is a patch for CoreDisplay, not IOKit (pixel clock patch for IOKit applies to 10.11 and earlier only).

But I am installing to Sierra? Sorry I meant I already applied the pixel clock patch using CoreDisplay

But I am installing to Sierra? Sorry I meant I already applied the pixel clock patch using CoreDisplay

You wrote "patched the IOKit framework", which of course doesn't make any sense for Sierra...
If you really meant you patched CoreDisplay, then you should be fine.
You should try setting a lower screen refresh (eg. 59hz).

Note: Your profile needs to be filled out as per FAQ.

You wrote "patched the IOKit framework", which of course doesn't make any sense for Sierra...
If you really meant you patched CoreDisplay, then you should be fine.
You should try setting a lower screen refresh (eg. 59hz).

Note: Your profile needs to be filled out as per FAQ.

How do I check if the CoreDisplay is actually working? and you mean set a lower screen refresh through the EDID?

Nevermind! It turn out CoreDisplay wasn't installed correctly, reverting my EDID to it's original settings fixed everything.

Last edited:
Nevermind! It turn out CoreDisplay wasn't installed correctly, reverting my EDID to it's original settings fixed everything.

That's what I figured...
Marked solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back