Contribute
Register

[Solved] MacOS Sierra does not start from HD without the USB Pen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus H61M-A/BR
CPU
i5-3570
Graphics
GTX 1050 Ti
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello, I recently did the installation of MacOS Sierra.

In the post-installation, I installed the features of the MultiBeast, everything happened normal.

The problem is when I restart the computer, why the system does not start, it goes straight to the BIOS, I tried to start the HD through the BIOS, but it goes back to the BIOS, the only way I found to boot the system was the USB pen.

I tried reinstalling Clover several times, and it did not work. As far as I can tell, the problem is in the Clover that does not open.

NOTE: My MacOS Sierra installation is UFI / UEFI.

Translated text from Portuguese to English with Google Translator.
Sorry if I posted in the wrong place, I'm new to the Forum.

Boot the system with the USB pen, when you reach the desktop, mount the EFI partition of your hard drive and see if you have an EFI folder there or not, if you have delete it. Now mount the EFI partition of the USB pen drive and copy the EFI folder that is there to the EFI partition of your hard drive, when done, remove the USB pen, reboot and you should be able to boot off the hard drive.

Thanks for your response, I went to check the EFI partition, and it did not, Clover was being installed on the same Hackintosh partition. What I realized was that he was not able to create the partition, I tried to create it myself, but the option to partition was not enabled. In that same HD I already had a partition that there were some files from the backup of my windows.

I think that was the problem, the partition was in MBR. I deleted the HD completely and reinstalled the system.

And now this 101% functional my hackintosh, it simply acknowledged everything had no problems at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back