Motherboard
Gigabyte H97M-D3H
CPU
i5-4460
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
I had a working hackintosh with external hard drives supported on USB 3 but once I updated from High Sierra to Mojave, my USB 3 support is gone. My hackintosh does not recognise external hard drives. I tried USB Inject all, fake pciid and generic usb kexts and all available options on Multibeast.

Please help.

Last edited:
I had a working hackintosh with external hard drives supported on USB 3 but once I updated from High Sierra to Mojave, my USB 3 support is gone and so is stability. I have random crashes occuring and my hackintosh does not recognise external hard drives. I tried USB Inject all, fake pciid and generic usb kexts and all available options on Multibeast.

Please help.

Install USB Inject All kext
Then, the following patch in config file with clover configurator under the kext patches tab:

New USB port limit patch

Comment: USB Port limit patch 10.14 (credits FredWst)
Name: com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI
Find: 83 FB 0F 0F 83 03 05 00 00
Replace: 83 FB 0F 90 90 90 90 90 90

Then, the following patch in config file with clover configurator under the kext patches tab:

New USB port limit patch

Note that the port limit patch is not ideal for long-term use. You should map your USB ports and disable enough to be under the 15 port limit for optimum stability and compatibility: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-creating-a-custom-ssdt-for-usbinjectall-kext.211311/

Note that the port limit patch is not ideal for long-term use. You should map your USB ports and disable enough to be under the 15 port limit for optimum stability and compatibility: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-creating-a-custom-ssdt-for-usbinjectall-kext.211311/

Hey, so I tried my very best to follow this guide but it was a bit above my head.

So this is what I ended up with.

I need:
HS02 - SSP2
HS01- SSP1
HS10 - SSP6
HS09 - SSP5
HS04 - SSP4
HS03 -SSP3

These are the paired usb 2 and usb 3 ports

HS07 and HS08 are usb 2 ports only.

But after placing the SSDT-UIAC-ALL into the patched folder in clover, my usb 3 ports, specifically anothing above SSP1 (in value) do not work.

Please see Ioreg attached and the SSDT-UIAC-ALL file attached.

Also, I dont need HS5, 6 and +10 but these are still show on ioreg.

I don't know what I did wrong. Please help.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2018-10-03 at 22.32.38.png
    Screenshot 2018-10-03 at 22.32.38.png
    359.8 KB · Views: 1,165
  • Screenshot 2018-10-03 at 22.32.33.png
    Screenshot 2018-10-03 at 22.32.33.png
    305.2 KB · Views: 1,062
  • SSDT-UIAC-ALL.dsl
    24.2 KB · Views: 378
Did you compile the SSDT into .aml format before placing it into /EFI/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched? Wasn't sure if you posted the .dsl file because it's human readable or if that's all you ended up with. That being said, that .dsl has a lot of stuff that may not be necessary, like the EH01 and EH02 sections. Also, there only needs to be a single "8086_..." entry, matching your actual hardware. You can't just take the template file from that page and use it unaltered.

Did you compile the SSDT into .aml format before placing it into /EFI/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched? Wasn't sure if you posted the .dsl file because it's human readable or if that's all you ended up with. That being said, that .dsl has a lot of stuff that may not be necessary, like the EH01 and EH02 sections. Also, there only needs to be a single "8086_..." entry, matching your actual hardware. You can't just take the template file from that page and use it unaltered.

No, I didn't. Thanks for this advice. So now i saved in in .aml format and the HS and SS sections that I deleted no longer show up. So it looks to me like the problem is solved.

But I have an issue with my keyboard. It keeps getting disconnected. I dont have the same problem with my original macbook neither on windows. Any ideas what this might be?

I attached a screenshot of ioreg showing the issue. I also attached the aml file I ended up with just so you may be able to check if I did everything correctly.

Thanks again.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2018-10-05 at 11.24.49.png
    Screenshot 2018-10-05 at 11.24.49.png
    393.2 KB · Views: 718
  • SSDT-UIAC-ALL.aml
    5.1 KB · Views: 369

Hey, sorry to bother you again but my patching caused my hackintosh to be stuck on clover scanning for entries. I have to resort to the raise port limit patch again... :/

I don't know what I did wrong, I followed the guide.

See my post here:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ng-entries-after-restart.261971/#post-1823546

Thanks, this worked for me. I am on a Asus ROG Maximus Hero II and the USB 3 ports did not show after upgrading to Mojave.

The only thing I have to add is that I added the OS X match:
10.14.x

-Andy

Excellent thread. Was able to successfully get Mojave working well with my system with your directions.
I use Final Cut Pro so external drives are key for me. My only issue now is my display port doesn't seem to engage with this build. I have to use the HDMI ports on my Gfx card. And to get both monitors to display, I have to plug and uplug my cable for the 2nd display. I can live with that. There's a reason it's called a "Hack"intosh". Thanks!

New USB port limit patch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back